Chapter Fifty Three

Mama J held Loyal as tears rolled down her cheeks

Mama J held Loyal as tears rolled down her cheeks. I'd already said my goodbyes to everyone else yesterday but I left this goodbye for today because I know it'll be one of the hardest to have to go through. 

"I love you so much Loyal. You be good for your mommy, okay?" She whispered down to him before carefully placing him in his car seat. "I cannot believe today is the day."

"I know...it's come up faster than I imagined. It's not going to be easy but it's something I have to do."

"You just remember that this is also what Kade would've wanted. I know he was hustling trying to get everything together for all three of you to move away from this place. He really wanted to give you and the family you were building the absolute world. You need to heal completely and that is what you need to do in order to provide my grandbaby with the best life you possibly can. You visit us when you can and please do keep in touch."

I smiled weakly as tears rolled down my cheeks. "I will. Thank you mama, I love you."

"I love you too. Have a safe flight and we'll see you again soon."

Mama J started walking towards us but Dontrell soon stood up and stopped her. Everyone, including his mama, looked at him sideways. 

"Mama, I love you and everything but if there's one person who I'm not letting step inside your house it's gonna be her. How many times did I see you cry about your grandson not being around and her ass not even sending so much as a picture or initiating a phone call? My brother died and she left without a care in the world for how any of us felt so fuck that and her."

August handed Loyal to Big T and moved me behind him. "Aye bruh, I'm not tryna come at you or nothing but you better watch how you talk about my wife."

"Or what bruh?" Dontrell taunted, taking a step forward. 

I knew that August wouldn't do anything with Loyal around but if Dontrell was to swing he'd definitely deal with it accordingly. 

Keon shook his head before walking over and snatching Dontrell up by his shirt and dragging him in the direction of the backyard. D'Nasia and the rest of the Jackson siblings, Leondre, Keshia and Leticia followed out behind them which left Mama J with myself, August, Loyal and Terence. She walked over and grabbed my hands, her eyes were full of tears.

"You've come back." She said, just above a whisper. 

"I'm sorry for not keeping my promise to you." 

She shook her head. "I was upset about not having my grandson around but D'Nasia kept me updated with pictures online that you've posted over the years. In those pictures of him and the ones of yourself I could see you getting back to yourself but the most recent pictures with you and this young man beside you sure showed me that you getting yourself away from this place was exactly what was meant for you. I'm so proud of you Everly. You got out of here and you made a life for yourself, and you found someone who clearly loves you and treats you like a queen."