Chapter Thirty Six

Updating early because I'm not sure when I'll be home so Happy New Year my lovelies! 

It's been a week of Melvin Armani being in the world, my boy, my little son son, and I really can't imagine life without him now that he's here

It's been a week of Melvin Armani being in the world, my boy, my little son son, and I really can't imagine life without him now that he's here. With Everly having a c-section there's been a lot more responsibility on me but I don't mind at all. I took time off for this very reason. I want to be part of everything, I don't want to miss any little part of Armani's life and I will put off everything for as long as I can to assure that I won't. Fuck what the label or anyone else thinks.

This past week the four of us have just been enjoying being a family. Our mom's have been around and dropped off different things to us, as have Chandra and the girls, Travis who's planning on sticking around for a bit and Jerome. Chris and Larissa had to fly out a few days ago since it's Chris' week with Royalty, but they assured us that they'd come back out soon. 

As for the world, this morning we announced the birth of our little boy and revealed his face - which of course everyone went absolutely crazy about. I'm astounded by the amount of support both myself and Everly have gotten and it's only continuing to flow in. The Nation is fucking amazing, that's all I'll say, their support is next level.

I walked out of the nursery with Armani in my arms and Loyal walking beside me holding my free hand. I carefully walked us down the stairs and into the living room where I'd set up Everly. I'd prepared us all some lunch and set it up in the living room so that we could eat together as a family. Loyal let go of my hand and ran to sit beside his mom. She smiled and kissed his forehead. I sat down and gently lay Armani down, propping him up with some pillows. Then we said grace and began to eat.

"The party planner called when you were upstairs." 

"What did she say?"

"She gave me some estimates for all the things I'd spoken to her about, it's a lot more than I'd anticipated it being." 

I glanced at Loyal who had his headphones on and was quietly eating whilst watching Paw Patrol. "How much?"

She sighed. "The venue alone is thirty thousand. Everything else on top of that is anywhere from fifteen thousand to twenty five thousand."

"What did you tell her?"

"That I would talk to you first. This seems like a lot for a fifth birthday."

I nodded. "It is but we're not exactly doing things small, are we? So long as our boy is happy with his party is all that matters to me. I don't care how much it is."

"Are you sure?"

"I am. We're in this together no matter what. When is she coming around again?"

"I told her to come tomorrow." Everly replied as she laid her cutlery down on her now empty plate. "The sooner we sort out these small things the better."