Chapter Twenty Three

I woke up to the sun shining down on my face

I woke up to the sun shining down on my face. I frowned at the sudden brightness and rolled over, throwing my legs over the side of the bed and slowly standing to my feet. I walked into the bathroom and had a quick shower and got dressed before heading downstairs. Loyal was sitting on the sofa watching Paw Patrol, he looked at me momentarily and gave me this cheesy smile and a little wave, then he went back to watching his show. I chuckled and continued walking through the house. That little boy is something else.

When I entered the kitchen I could see plates out and food in pots and pans on the stove which was turned off, but no one was around. I frowned and looked around. That's when I saw my mom out the back on the balcony with her arms wrapped around Everly who was visibly upset. Without a second thought I rushed out there. 

"What's going on?"

My mama looked at me with sadness in her eyes before looking down at Everly. "It's alright sweetheart. Talk with him, I'll be inside if you need me."

She removed her arms from around Everly and walked inside, that left Everly and I outside alone. 

"Everly, what's wrong?" I asked.

She shook her head and handed me her phone. "There's three. Scroll down."

Her screen was on Instagram and there was a post from The Shade Room. There was a whole picture of us together at the place I took her to yesterday and the caption was so shady: August Alsina was spotted in his home town yesterday accompanied by Trey Songz's pregnant girlfriend, makeup artist Everly Ortiz. The pair seemed very cosy together and August was said to have been extremely protective. Could there be trouble in paradise for Everly and Trey?

I scrolled down and another post popped up. This time it was an interview snippet from Trey's Breakfast Club interview this morning. My eyebrows knitted together as I watched it and my frown only deepened as he started talking about his life currently. 

"So Trey, we haven't seen you in a while. What is going on in your life right about now?"

"Life's been good, ups and downs but I'm navigating through everything and just continuing to hustle."

"We seen you made it official with Everly Ortiz and you two are expecting." 

"Ang, she was seen getting cosy with your boy August yesterday. Anything you want to say about that Trey? Y'all cool or what?" Envy asked.

The way Trey shook his head just rubbed me the wrong way. He sat up straight in his chair and made sure he was real close to the microphone.

"Honestly, he can have the hoe. She's for the streets. The girl had me all around her, giving her my all and falling for her, then she turns around and goes on to August right after she admits to me that they had a little affair or whatever before she met me. I wouldn't be surprised if those two were messing around behind my back this whole time."