66

Harry's POV

Flashback - 11th April 2010
"Mom, I really need to go-.."
"Hurry, then!" His mother shook her head in amusement as he ran out of the room past all the other contestants. Nearly stumbling around the corner, he ran towards the toilets and quickly pushed the door open.
Harry made his way to the urinals and bit his lip in excitement. He was anxious about the audition. Of course he had sung in front of people before but this was different. This was big. And he didn't want to fail. He didn't want to disappoint his mother.
Until this point it had mostly been her who had told him to audition. She had his back. And he didn't want to fail her.

He hadn't heard the door open again so it took him by suprise as someone stood next to him.
Harry flinched in shock, slipped a little and pee ended up on the stranger's shoe. Harry looked at him and blushed.
"Oops"
"Hi"
To boy just smiled and shook his head in amusement before cleaning his shoe. "It's fine, don't worry. Shouldn't have come at you like that"
"I'm sorry" He blurted out and looked at the boy. His hair was brushed in his face, nearly covering his eyes. But Harry could see them. They were a beautiful shade of blue.
"Hi sorry. I'm Louis" The boy grinned and Harry chuckled.

"That was lame, I know, I know"
"No it wasn't-" He nearly couldn't say the words before admitting. "It was terrible"
They both laughed and looked at each other for a moment. Somehow Harry was calmer than before.
"You didn't say your name, curlyhead" Louis smiled and Harry blushed over the nickname as he answered. "Harry. Harry Styles"
"Well nice to meet you, Harry Styles. I'm Louis." - "Louis Tomlinson" He added in a mocking way and Harry grinned.

"So you're auditioning too?" Harry asked as he washed his hands and Louis nodded, trying to adjust the tie around his neck. "Yeah"
"Let me help you" He stepped forward wand helped Louis adjusting the tie.
"Thanks, Haz"
"Haz?" Harry laughed and Louis shrugged.
"There's no short version of Harry. So I decided to call you Haz" Louis stated and Harry shook his head in amusement.
"Well ok then, Lou"

Louis grinned. "What is Harry the short version for? Henry, like Prince Harry? Or Harold? Harrison? Harvey?"
"My name is Harry. Just Harry" Harry explained. He didn't like to be called Harold.
"No way. There has to be a longer version"
"I won't tell you that." Harry giggled and shook his head. Louis sighed.
Suddenly Harry remembered that he was in a hurry. "I should go back, I don't know when it's my turn.."
"Was nice to meet you, Haz. Maybe we'll meet again. I hope for it"
"Me too" Harry smiled as he walked over to the door.

"Oi, Harry? Do you have your phone number?"
Harry turned around and blushed. "Well, I have one. But I don't know it. I just know my mom's" He admitted blushingly and Louis laughed.
"I'll give you mine then. Wait a second" He took out a pen and started writing a number on a piece of toilet paper. Louis gave it to him and Harry smiled.

"In case we don't see each other again. Would be a shame, wouldn't it?" Louis grinned and Harry nodded.
"See you, Lou" Harry exclaimed before exciting the toilets. He could hear him shout "Good luck Haz!" and turned around as he walked.
"Good luck to you too, Lou!"
He noticed people looking at him and quickly turned back around and looked at the ground as he made his way back to his family.
"There you are! It's your turn now Harry!" His mother said as soon as she saw him and Harry swallowed. He wasn't ready. Though he was.
End of Flashback

So this chapter is a little bit improvised. Within a few days 'safe haven' reached over 20k (now 21k) reads, 1k comments and 1k votes. I never would've expected this. It is #10 in #HarryStyles out of over 150k storys. I'm blown away by the support and love you guys show for this story. Thank you so so much, from the bottom of my heart.
This chapter wasn't planned but I thought I should give you guys something back. And since I didn't plan on having this flashback at any point in the story: Here you go.
Thank you! All the love! xx