45

Louis' POV

The moment their eyes met Louis' heart dropped. For a moment no one said a word.
"Oh-um-" He started but Harry cut him off.
"Are you excited for the show?" He smiled at him and Louis looked at him in confusion.
"S-sure" He couldn't even ask the question back, he was too focused on not starting to break down on the spot.
"I'm sorry for Zayn's..punches. He shouldn't have done that"
Louis only shrugged and Harry nodded and continued his walk. He looked after him as the man opened the door to the toilets. He didn't even look back one time. Louis knew that it was over, he knew that he had stepped on Harry's heart. But he hadn't expected him to move on that fast.

Suddenly he felt someone patting his shoulder. "Great job, Louis. You've chosen the right path mate" Simon.
He looked at the man and nodded. "I expect you to support my sisters now"
"Of course. And I'm very excited to work with you on your new album after the tour" He winked at him and walked away. Louis couldn't stop himself from rolling his eyes. Bastard., he thought and joined the others in the dressing room. They where having a loud conversation but stopped as soon as he opened the door.

When they saw it was him they just continued, not giving him a second look. After what Niall had said, the Irish had ignored him and still did. Liam was indifferent and Zayn..was Zayn.
"We're doing it, I don't care what Cowell says. We're his mates, his family. We have to have his back!" Niall exclaimed and Zayn nodded, the black haired was distracted by his thoughts.

"What are we doing?" Louis asked, not expecting an answer.
"We're kind of changing the suprise song tonight. We'll still sing it after History. But we'll sing another suprise song. Nobody Compares. And we will say something"
"All of us" Niall added, still looking at him madly.
"And why are we doing this?" Instead of answering, Lou gave him her phone. Louis read what had been written about Harry and his Vogue shooting. Anger filled his chest.

"The fans got his back, of course they do. But we as his band mates need to say something. It's- it's not only about Harry. This is about who you want to be. Who I want to be. Who Niall wants to be. No one can say something like that about one of us without getting all of us involved" Liam explained after Louis had given Lou her phone back.
"Fine. We'll do it. Just tell me what to do"

"Before we continue there's something we'd like to say" Niall's words cut off Louis' thoughts. He had tried to not zone out the whole show but after Harry had performed his solo song, Louis just couldn't stop thinking about him. The way he laughed and entertained everyone, the way he made fans laugh and the way he danced around. Louis knew, even if he didn't like it, that this man still was and always would be his world.

"There have been some things said what apparently makes a man and what doesn't" Liam continued and ended with fans shouting and screaming.
"Well according to Google most men have a penis" Louis had taken his phone, opened Google and showed his screen to the camera.
"And that's something we can find out very fast" Without hesitation Niall threw his water bottle at Harry's crotch. The curlyhead went down with a painful scream.
"Ouuch. What the fuck was that for?" He exclaimed.
"Well" Zayn shrugged. "We've just proven that you're a man. I think this will clarify things"
Louis couldn't stop himself from speaking up again, trying to hide his amusement about Harry "Oh and sweetheart. This man can lift over 50 pounds with one hand. So just shut up, honey"
The fans escalated. They screamed in agreement and applauded, they were jumping around and the ground was trembling.

"Oh and even if he didn't have a penis - just fuck off and let people live their lives the way they fucking want to, eh?!" Louis added firmly and turned around to give the other boys a signal.
The band didn't wait any longer and the beat of 'Nobody Compares' started. Instead of starting with the first strophe they sang the chorus as they embraced Harry in a group hug. The man was just shaking his head with a smile.

'Cause no one ever looks so good in a dress
And it hurts, 'cause I know you won't be mine tonight
No one ever makes me feel like you do when you smile
Baby, tell me how to make it right

"That's the only thing we have to say to that topic. Treat people with kindness." Liam shouted during the instrumental part.

And it hurts, 'cause I know you won't be mine tonight.
It really hurt. It hurt like hell. But it was the path he had chosen. He couldn't change it anymore. Even if he wanted to. So the only thing he could do was watch Harry as he laughed about them jumping around him during the whole song. Now and then Niall changed the lyrics a little but Louis just kept laughing and singing. He knew that once he stopped laughing he would start crying.