49

Louis' POV

"Can't wait to see u again😍"
"Only a few hours left!!!👀"

Louis' sisters were sending one message after another and he couldn't blame them. He was looking forward to seeing them as much as they did. He couldn't wait to get home, get away from everything and everyone. Get away from Harry.
He didn't want to get away from him. To be honest all he wanted to be was be near him. But another time Louis reminded himself that it was over as he stared at the man sitting the seat next to Niall. He was sleeping, his head rested on Niall's shoulder. It should've been Louis he slept on.

Biting his bottom lip Louis tried to focus on the series that was playing on the little screen in front of him. Eleanor had asked him to watch it with her and he desperately needed a distraction. So now they were watching Friends. Of course it had to be Friends. It would've been a miracle if they had watched something that wouldn't remind him of him. Louis closed his eyes, trying to sleep even though he knew he wouldn't sleep.

"El..?"
"Hm?" He opened his eyes and looked at her as the brunette looked back at him.
"Do you think I'm a bad person?"
"Why would I think that?" She frowned as she looked at him and paused the episode.
"Because, you know- I broke up with him" He whispered the last part of the sentence, looking ashamed to the ground.
"No, I don't think you are. You had the best intentions, Lou. It's just- you should've spoken with him. And with your sisters before you decided it on your own"
"I know. I know, El.."
"You had the best intentions" She put her arms around him and pulled him into a hug.
Hugging her back, he placed his head on her shoulder.
"I just feel so bad.."
"Give him some time. And then call him. Maybe after Christmas? Explain everything to him"
"You think he would listen?"

Louis wasn't sure he would. Harry wouldn't want to have anything to do with him. He had made that very, very clear. Louis had fucked up and not even for the first time. He had broken every promise he had given him. Again. So even if Harry believed him why would he forgive him? If Louis couldn't even forgive himself why would Harry forgive him?
And even if he did, there wouldn't be a chance for them. At least as long as Louis was working together with Simon. There was nothing he could change about that for the next few years, not without putting his sisters in danger. Maybe they simply weren't meant to be together.

"I think he loves you. He's an idiot for loving you. But he does" She kissed his cheek as they leaned back.
"He doesn't. Not anymore. He hates me, El"
"He wants to hate you. But he loves you"
Louis shook his head in disagreement. "He doesn't. He moved on. He even slept with some girl from the hotel"
"What?" His best friend looked at him with furrowed brows. "How did you come up with that?"
"I saw her leaving and heard them talking"
"You mean Clara?"
As Louis nodded Eleanor started giggling. "Lou. He was drunk and they didn't sleep together"
"They didn't? How do you know?" He looked at her in suprise and turned his head for a moment, watching the sleeping curlyhead.
"I talked to her. Well, she came up to me to be honest. She was nice and worried. They didn't sleep together. He was drunk and- cried about you"
Boom. A punch in the guts.
"He-?"
"I told you this man loves you. But you wouldn't believe me"
"I didn't know-.." Louis got sick of the thought that Harry had cried because of him. The thought alone of Harry crying was horrible to him. He wanted him to be happy.
"You don't know most things. You won't know that you have a chance of getting him back if you don't talk to him, darling"
"Mhm.." Louis hummed and leaned back, still watching Harry.
"Think about it. We'll land in a few hours. Home sweet home"
She continued watching her movie while Louis continued watching Harry. He didn't care that Liam had noticed. He was confused. Everything was a whole mess.