Book Date📚

(y/n)'s pov:

I was talking with Ymir and Historia. I woke up late and Historia decided to bring me food to my dorm and wake me up. Of course, Ymir followed too.

We were talking outside by the well, but that was until they had to go and do something.

I really didn't want to see everyone yet and since today was a break day from training, I decided to take a walk.

"(y/n)? (y/n)!" called a familiar voice.

I turned around and saw Armin with a book in hand.

I smiled at him, "Oh hey Armin! New book?"

"Uhh, yea it's a new book." His face started turning red, and he had one of his arms on the back of his head.

"Do you need anything?" I asked him because there must be a reason he came here to see me.

His face turned evem more red. "Uhh, y-yea." He took a deep breath before speakin again. "I was looking for you everywhere, a-and I was wondering if you wanted to read this with me? Like as a date..? BUT YOU DO-"

He kept on rambling that I didn't have to and I was going to respond but he was loud and kept on talking fast.

I felt my cheeks getting warm.

When he was done, he brought the book up to his face, embarrassed.

I laughed a bit, "Haha, of course Armin. I wouod love to go on a book date with you." I replied, bringing my hand to the book and removing it from his flustered face.

He smiled bright at me, both of our faces were red, but his was more by a bit.

"How about at-" He started, but I interrupted.

"How about now? Come on let's go to the library and read it now." I grabbed took his arm and started leading him to the library.

I saw Connie, Jean, Sasha, Eren, and Mikasa in the distance. Armin probably told them what he was going to do because they all looked at Armin and gave him a thumbs up.

We entered the library and no one was there like usual. Usually it's just me and Armin whenever we have a free day from training.

We sat down on the ground because whenever we read together, that's what we do. But this time is a date.

I was nervous and excited because it's a date.

Armin read aloud and I usually followed along in the book. It had been like this for about 2 hours and I got pretty tired.

I yawned and leaned my head on Armin's shoulder, and held onto his arm. He seemed to tense up and stop reading.

"Why'd you stop?" I asked him softly.

"Huh? Oh! Uhm I- sorry." I felt him looking at me and sighed in a happy way before continuing to read again.

Armin's pov:

I became less tense and more comfortable. It went for 30 minutes, until her/his head got heavier on my shoulder, and their grip around my arm was started to get loose.

"(y/n), are you comfortable?" I asked.

No reply.

"(y/n)?"

I looked down at her/him to see that they were asleep.

Should I ask them to be my girlfriend/boyfriend after?

No..

Yes..

Maybe..

UGHHHHH

why is this so difficult.

They look at ease.

Oh- it's almost time for lunch.

I should wake them..

I gently shook their arm, after I closed the book.

"(y/n), (y/n), come on its time to go." I whispered softly to them.

She/He stirred in their sleep. They opened their eyes and then a second later their eyes widened.

"Oh no! Did I fall asleep on you?!? I'm sorry,
I-"

Their face was red and they covered their hands with it in embarrassment. My face was getting red too.

"Uhh It's fine, I don't mind." I reassured, while taking one of their hands.

They were still looking down at their lap.

"H-hey (y/n)? I was wonder if youwouldliketobemygirlfriend/boyfriend?" I spit out the last part fast and quietly. I don't think they heard me, but I knew that my face was probably a blushing mess.

It was now my turn to look at my lap and they looked up at me.

"Say that again? I didnt hear the last part."

I took a deep breath before looking at them.

Finish strong, you got this Armin.

"I said, would you like to be my girlfriend/boyfriend?" I asked in hope they would say yes.

They turned even more red and shocked.

Oh god Armin.. you did it.

You made it weird now.

"I would love to Armin!" They laughed and tackled me in a hug. The impact made me fall on my back, with (y/n) on top of me.

That brought my spirits back up and I hugged her/him back.

"I'm glad." I whispered and smiled brightly as I hugged them tighter.