training in Terrasen

Nyx POV

Asterin showed us to two large rooms, decorated with dark green and gold. It felt weird to sleep apart from her, but judging by the look Manon was giving us, she might gut us if we slept in the same room. I was woken the next morning by a banging on my door "Nyx!" yelled Asterin. I groaned and rolled over "yes?" "better get dressed -you're coming to training with me!" she calls and I sigh and pull myself out of bed to open the door. Before i can reach it, it's flung open by my excited looked carranam. 

Something leaps up at me and licks my face. I yell and jump back to see a large dog, Asterin laughing uncontrollably. "meet fleetfoot" she says and the dog wags it's tail at the mention of it's name. I chuckle "hello fleetfoot" I say, stroking the large animal that's draped contentedly over me. "what's all this about training?"
"oh yeah - you need to get dressed and come training"
"I need to?"
"Yes. I want you to come, so you're going to." I sigh at that and push the dog off my legs so I can stand. "why do you want me to come?" I ask, pulling out some clothes to change into. "because first of all, I want to see you face off against my court, secondly, my court wants to see you train, and lastly because if I have to go, I'm dragging you and Ash along with me"
"does Ash know he's being forced into training?"
"yep, I woke him up before you by leaping on him" I laugh "he didn't realise it was me so he flipped us over and pinned me to the bed" she laughs at the memory "it took him a moment to realise it was me, and then... well he didn't let me go that's for sure" I chuckle. 

When I'm changed, Asterin leads me through the castle to the training rooms. She'd told me not to bother with leathers and the winter air made me shiver slightly. Someone came running up behind us and pounced on Asterin, wrapping their arms around her and pulling her into the air. Asterin laughs and Sam appears from behind her, dropping her and chuckling. "I'm guessing you've been training while you've been away?" he says and Asterin laughs "you could say that"

Sam glances towards me, examining and assessing every inch of me. He smiles ever so slightly before we enter into the training rooms. The tall, high ceilinged room had floor to ceiling windows looking over the forests and hills of Terrasen. The golden morning light flooded the room and it appeared that everybody else was already here. I spotted Ash talking to Aelin. Rowan, Fenrys, Lorcan, Dorian, Aedion and Gavriel were there as well. Leant against a wall, cleaning those deadly iron nails, looking at me like I was her next meal.

As we approached they all turn to face the three of us, Ash walking over to stand next to Asterin, Sam having the good sense to step back, placing his hand on her shoulder as if he was making sure she really was still here and wasn't about to disappear. The others seemed to gather around us, Rowan stepping forward and smiling at his daughter for a moment. "since we have some new members to the court with us" he says, looking between me and Ash. "we might as well see what they can do" he smirks and I smirk right back. 

"Aedion, you take Ash" Aedion gives Ash a smirk that Ash returns "Fenrys, you take Nyx. Phoenix, you can train with me and your mother" Asterin smiles. The rest of them break off, Fenrys walking towards me, a small grin playing on his lips. "ready to get your ass beat little heir?" he says mockingly and I laugh "I don't know, it depends" I reply. 

A minute later and I'm clashing blades with Fenrys. Centuries of training had honed him into a living weapon, and he was rather good. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Asterin facing off her father and Ash fighting Aedion. I hear a deep laugh and me and Fenrys pause to turn to find Asterin standing triumphant over her father. Fenrys whirled back around to me, striking out but I was already deflecting the blow. It took me a few minutes to eventually get the upper hand, but eventually I was standing above him, victorious.

Fenrys looks up at me and laughs "well played little heir" he says, grinning and pulling himself to his feet. A minute later, Ash has beaten Aedion and all eyes are fixed on the three of us. "well, well, it seems the little ones have a kick to them after all" Lorcan says, scanning his cold eyes over us. "we already knew that, I would have expected no less from the witchling's mate and carranam" Manon says, stepping forward and eyeing us all.

The next time, I got paired with Gavriel, Ash with Lorcan and Asterin with both of her parents. Lorcan was notoriously hard to beat, we were fighting for what felt like weeks. Asterin had already won against her parents and Ash had succeeded against Gavriel and were both now watching me, I was just deflecting a blow that could have taken my head clean off my shoulders when Asterin said down the bond Strike left and go behind.

A little bewildered, I struck for Lorcan's left, which he easily defended, before whirling around behind him and placing my sword to his neck. He growled slightly and I chuckled "can't take getting beaten?" I say, removing the blade as he turns to face me "next time, I'll gut you alive" he snarled and Rowan laughed from across the room "don't mind him" Aelin says, smirking at Lorcan "he's just got a massive fae ego. Although, don't go feeling special Lorcan, almost everyone in this room has an ego the size of Erilea" she says and Asterin chuckles.

OKAY YALL THANK YOU SO MUCH TO EVERYONE WHO'S READ THIS I WAS EXPECTING LIKE SEVEN READS TOTAL!!!

please comment because i absolutely love responding to you!

Any ideas for what could happen next?