i live for you, i long for you

You've seen Olivia's POV to Josh and Sabrina; now it's Josh's feelings towards Olivia and Ethan.

I originally wanted to go a "Heather" one by Conan Gray, but too many writers already used that. So...hope y'all enjoy this!!

Bite my tongue
I like you better when you're with someone
You could have spent your love on anyone
And you wasted it on him

Every time she was around him with her boyfriend, Josh bit his tongue. He didn't want to spill all of his hidden feelings for her in one unconscionable move.

He liked her, that was undeniable.

Maybe even love, he dare say.

But out of all the guys in the world, she loved him. Ethan.

Hold my breath
Walking on broken glass with every step
You may be with him but you're leading me on

Even though she was with Ethan, Josh knew that their connection was anything but platonic. The compliments, the flirting...it was anything but ordinary.

He was on pins and needles, wanting to know if she reciprocated the feelings for him.

Adelaide
Wish I didn't think about you every day
And know that you're with him just to get to me
Every time I hear him say

Every single moment of the day, his thoughts were all about her. From the second he wakes up in the morning till the minute he tucks in himself and Franklin at night. Even his dreams are filled with visions of her. He wasn't sure if this was heaven or hell.

Maybe she was just with him to make him jealous. Josh never had a girlfriend before, so this crush was something new. It was a possibility that he couldn't rule out yet.

Adelaide don't pretend you're happy like you wanna stay
When your arms are around him do you wish it's me
Every time you hear him say

Josh knew something was up with her.

She pasted on a smile and posted pictures of them packing on the PDA on her socials. Deep inside, Josh knew that smile. It wasn't real, it wasn't. It was just the part she's playing.

He held out hope that she wished it was him, the boy who got to kiss her and hold her hand.

It felt impossible.

Bite your tongue
Don't say you love him when he's not the one
Gave you a feeling that you can't outrun
And I know you feel it 'cause I feel it too

"Do you love Ethan?" Josh asked one day. It just happened to come up during their kaffeeklatsch.

"Yeah, yeah, I do," she smiled, sipping some more of her latte.

He could hear the hesitation in her voice.

It gave her an odd feeling, like she couldn't run away from these questions. Did she love him, did she love him not?

Ruin my life
As long as you're in it I won't think twice
Thought I'd quit you but you're my vice
When I hear the name when I hear the name

He tried. Josh honestly, honestly tried.

He tried to date around with other girls. None of them gave him that feeling, none of them were perfect, except her.

He didn't care now if she ruined his life, he wouldn't think of anything if she was in it. All he'd ever think about was her.

When you say I love you do you think of me
Every time he touch you do you wish it's me
Tell me is there somewhere you'd rather be

Liv couldn't help but think of Josh every time she was around Ethan.

She didn't know if her actions and her words were true.

One night while they were in her bed, he smiled at her. "Love you, Liv."

She managed a small, not-wholly-realistic smile. "And I love you, Ethan."

Liv hated herself for this, but she was picturing that was what she was saying to Josh, not Ethan.

If she was being entirely sincere with herself, he wasn't that good at making love.

Well, not as good as Josh. She had to fake her orgasms.

Maybe that love scene from the other day was getting into her head...

If you want to know where this part comes from, read @Catiebuggggy's "Scene" Jolivia oneshot.

"Mm, Josh!" she moaned.

"Huh?" Ethan asked with an odd look on his face.

"What?" Liv replied, suddenly realizing her mistake.

"You were saying Josh," Ethan said with a quizzical look on his face.

"Uh, no I wasn't..."

Every time I hear him say...

Not my best work, but after being stuck in a cult for a hellish hour of my day that I totally regret, I don't think I can blame myself.

This will make more sense if you read it on my message board.

I couldn't decide if this fit better with a Rini situation or a Jolivia situation.

What do y'all think?

Keep reading. Keep writing. Keep dreaming.