Chapter 14: What's your name?

A couple days passed since the sports festival concluded and it was the day classes resumed. It was a rainy day so (Y/N) brought an umbrella. As he walked through the city, he could hear the whispers of people looking his way but didn't pay them any mind. He eventually made it to U.A. and made his way to class. He heard his classmates talk about people noticing them as they walked to school. He took his seat and Aizawa who was finally out of his bandages entered the room.

Aizawa: Morning.

1-A: Good Morning!

Asui: Ribbit? Mr. Aizawa, your bandages are gone. I'm glad.

Aizawa: The old lady went overboard with her treatment. More importantly, we're having a special hero informatics class today.

The whole class tensed up at his words. What he said next got fixed that and got them excited.

Aizawa: Code names. You'll be coming up with hero names.

1-A: We're doing something exciting!

Aizawa gained an intimidating look which instantly shut them all up.

Aizawa: This is related to the pro hero draft picks I mentioned the other day. The drafts begin in earnest in the second and third years, after students have gained experience and can become immediate assets to the pros. In other words, for them to extend offers to first years like you shows that they are interested in your future potential. These offers are often cancelled if that interest dies down by graduation.

Hagakure: So we'll have to prove ourselves once we get picked, huh?

Aizawa: That's right. And here are the totals for those with offers.

A projection appeared on the board with a chart that read "Class A No. of Offers." Number one was Todoroki at over four thousand. Second was Bakugo, surprisingly at over three thousand. (Y/N) despite coming in first was third at over nine hundred offers. There was a massive margin between third and fourth because fourth didn't even get four hundred.

Aizawa: In other years, it's been more spread out, but all eyes were on these three this year.

Jiro: Why's (L/N) third even though he got first?

Kaminari: Yeah, it's a completely different order then the sports festival.

Aizawa: Heroes still don't know how to feel now that it is public that (L/N) is quirkless. If it was more of a norm that quirkless people can be heroes, I'm sure he would have gotten more then Todoroki. Right now, heroes view him more of an experiment for the hero world. Keeping these results in mind, whether or not you anyone asked for you, you will be participating in internships with pros. At USJ you already got to experience combat with real villains, but it will still be meaningful training for you to see pros work at firsthand.

Sato: So that explains the hero names!

Uraraka: Things are suddenly getting a lot more fun!

Aizawa: Well, those hero names are still temporary, but if you're not serious about it...

???: ... you'll have hell to pay later!

The door to the classroom opened and in walked Midnight.

Midnight: Because a lot of hero names used by students become recognized by society, and they end up becoming professional hero names.

Aizawa: Well, that's how it is. So Midnight will be making sure your hero names are okay. I can't do stuff like that. When you give yourself a name, you get a more concrete image of what you want to be like in the future, and you can get closer to it. It's what it means when they say, "Names and natures do often agree." Like "All Might," for example.