Chapter 9: Intermission

It hasn't been too long since the winners of the race were announced. (Y/N) in first, Midoriya in second, Todoroki in third, and Bakugo in forth. The forty two top placers would make it to the next round. The top forty two were mostly 1-A and 1-B students, though only twenty of the twenty one students in 1-A made it. Aoyama Yuga got knocked out for placing forty-third. The next round was announced to be a Cavalry Battle. Everyone was to make a group of two to four members to participate. Everyone in the top forty two was assigned a point value, (Y/N) started with ten million points for getting first place. All eyes were on (Y/N) for his massive point value, making him a pretty massive target because everyone can steal points or get their points stolen. They now have fifteen minutes to make a team to participate. (Y/N) looks around for people to team up with but everyone keeps refusing so they don't become a target as well. That is, until...

???: Hey, you. You're the guy who got first right?

(Y/N) turned to the voice. It was a guy with messy purple hair with purple eyes.

(Y/N): Yeah, the name's (Y/N). Who're y-

The world suddenly froze around (Y/N). He blinked and next he knew he was standing behind the guy with the purple hair with Ojiro and a teal haired student.

Present Mic: In first place, the untouched team Shinso take the Cavalry battle!

(Y/N): What?

Shinso: Thanks for all the help.

Shinso then walked away. After a minute of processing, he turned to Ojiro.

(Y/N): Ojiro, what happened?

Ojiro: I don't know exactly, that guy came up and talked to me and suddenly I couldn't feel my body. Next I knew I was over here.

(Y/N): Same thing happened to me. We won the Cavalry battle but I don't know how. That might be his quirk. It's just a theory, but I think if we talk to him he can control us or something like that.

Ojiro: That would explain how we couldn't feel our bodies. If your theory's right, that's a pretty dirty move to get first place.

(Y/N): True, though, I do respect it. Everyone is out here using their quirks the best they can, he's doing the same. He's smart.

Ojiro: I don't feel very good moving on to the next round off a victory I didn't earn. I'll ask if I can drop out before the next round.

(Y/N): I respect that. You're an honorable martial artist, I have my honor as a swordsman so I get it. Though, I still want to prove myself, even as a "quirkless nobody with a sword." I'm going to move on.

Ojiro: I won't stop you. I still owe you for the U.S.J. incident.

(Y/N): Don't worry about it. I was just doing my job.

it was announced that after team Shinso, team Todoroki with Kaminari, Yaoyorozu, and Iida got second, team Bakugo with Kirishima, Sero, and Ashido got third, and team Midoriya with Uraraka, Tokoyami and Hatsume Mei from Support Class 1-H got forth. These four teams will be moving on to the next round. There is a scheduled one hour lunch break going on right now before the final round. (Y/N) and the rest of the students went outside the coliseum and (Y/N) saw a few of the Hashira at some food stands, namely Nakajima, Noboru, Rengoku, and Kuroki.

Juno: Oi! (Y/N)! Over here!

(Y/N) went over to his sister who was accompanied by Masumoto who was eating a candy apple.

Juno: You did great in the first two rounds! I was worried in the race when you got knocked back but you still got first.

(Y/N): Thanks, I assume you're out here with the others to grab some grub?