Girlfriend Corporation: Forty Two

GFC Forty Two

'If you're going to describe the place that you called home, would it be a destination or a person?'

That's the question at the last station of the apocalyptic maze. We managed to dodge, hide, kill and clear the obstacles on the way thanks to the other two who was naturally born with awesomeness. But, the 10th station? Which was the last one at the survival game, what's with this question? And what's with Ryujin staring at the piece of paper so much as if she found it really disturbing. I'm just observing her with my eyebrows arched and wasn't saying anything but I'm itching to ask her to answer the freaking question. I've been sweating from running a lot and I feel sticky. I badly need a shower.

But to my surprise, Ryujin crumpled the paper and throw it at the table in front of the guy at the station. "My home is where my sister and Zephora are. Might be a place or a person, as long as it's with them." I couldn't help but smile at her answer. She really does love Zeph and Heejin.

I felt Ryujin held my hand again and this time, I wasn't sure whether it was my hand or hers that was sweating so much I felt uncomfortable about it. Nevertheless, I didn't let go of her hand.. because I realized that it was her hand that was sweaty and was slightly shaky. What's wrong with her?

"Did we win though?" Ryujin asked impatiently.

"Uhm. You did. When you finish the maze, you won. But you weren't the first person to finish the maze." I looked at Ryujin who huffed with an eye roll. She wiped the sweats on her forehead using her upper arm which I found oddly.. hot.

"What's the name who came up before us?" Ryujin asked with a furrow brows. Was she that obsessed with winning that she can't accept being the second place? Her competitiveness was crazy then.

"That's odd. She didn't put her name. She did write her course and department though. She's on the same department as you two. You two are from CBA, right? Accountancy and Marketing? She's also from Marketing department. Here. In case you want to hunt her down." The guy chuckled softly when he also noticed that Ryujin wasn't that happy being on the second place. It's also her fault though.

I think she actually and intentionally took her time pressing me up against the dark corner and alley ways. I first thought it was just me being delusional but.. the stolen kisses? Good thing Zephora never questioned our odd behavior every time we would walk away from the dark. Ryujin had her distinctive satisfied grin.. and I couldn't even look ahead of us because of shame. We're with her daughter for Pete's sake!

Ryujin has been more daring and blunt and shameless these days as well. Disregarding the fact that Zeph could walk in on us anytime. Especially when the child would just open the door of my room in the middle of the night and settled between the two of us. Now, it was a strange sight. Like it was a preview.. of the future. I always shrug off the thought but I also find way staring at them both and immediately would feel choked up. I'm just 22 while Ryujin was 21. How could I think of that when I don't even know where this contract was headed to? And we're too young to think about that. I sighed as we walked out of the maze.

And immediately saw a grinning Lee Chaeryeong and Shin Yuna.

"WE WON! WE WON! WE WON!" Then they laughed hysterically. Did a silly victory dance while stopping a few seconds to laugh on our asses.

But their celebration suddenly was cut off when Zephora starting shooting her water gun on the other two. Our turn to laugh at them. Even Ryujin's annoyed face earlier was now replaced by a smirking one. What a sore loser.