Girlfriend Corporation: Forty Eight

GFC Forty Eight

Ryujin and I ran off of the hotel. I didn't even know where we're going but I just let her drag me towards the exit of the hotel. Her bike was parked in the front parking space. It immediately sparked my conversation with Yeji just a few minutes ago.

She was the one who taught Ryujin to ride a bike.

I grabbed Ryujin's wrist to stop her from walking towards it. She looked back at me with a perplexed expression as I sighed and bit my lip.

"I'm wearing such a short dress. I don't think it's a good idea to ride a motorcycle." Lie. I'm getting better when it comes to lying. Though Ryujin seemed convince about my excuse with a once over, I couldn't help but feel anxious. It's always been nerve wracking to lie. And I'm not a good liar according to Yuna. She always sees right through me or it was just because we've been best friends since I can remember. It's funny how I can just spit out straight lies when it comes to how I feel when it involves a certain gray head.

"What are we going to ride then? You don't seem like you had the time to fetch your car keys. Or it doesn't seem like you've driven yourself on the way here." Ryujin pointed out with a sly smile. I sighed in defeat as I realized that she was right. And why am I having a sudden problem riding on a motorbike with Ryujin just because I found out that it was Yeji that taught her how to? Wow. I'm so shallow.

"Psh. It's your fault for being overly excited to drag me out in there. And what's with you.. being so rude towards them? I understand they are absolutely annoying but don't you think it was too much?" I asked with a frown. I'm not used to anyone being that disrespectful towards elders. Though my grandparents kind of deserve it, I think we could have been avoided it.

"Pfft. They said pretty fucked up things towards me and Zephora, Jisu-yah. You were there." Though Ryujin chuckled after saying that, I can tell that she was actually still pissed off. As much as I don't want to admit it, she was right. "There's no way in hell that I'm just going to stand there and let them say anything that they wanted to say just because." Ryujin sighed heavily and cupped my face as she looked at me. "Do we really have to talk about that right now? I want to celebrate your birthday. With you. Alone. Without thinking about anything unnecessary or things that could wait until tomorrow. Can we do that? Please?" Her voice was incredibly soft and her eyes conveys.. a bit of sadness. But.. why?

"Are you.. are you okay?" I swallowed the lump on my throat as Ryujin posed a half smile and took off the leather jacket that she was wearing then put it over my shoulders. She patted my head and softly planted a kiss on my cheek.

"Let's go." She deflected and pulled me again. I don't have much of a choice but ride on the motorbike again as we don't have an available car to use. Nice try though, Lia.

And nice try for asking an obvious question. And she won't spill it.

---

"Wait. What are we doing here? At this hour? Ryujin.. this is.. insanity! Nope. We're going home. Let's go." I said the moment Ryujin parked on the familiar empty neighbour-- this isn't a friggin' neighbourhood, Lia!

"Nope. Let's go." I can hear a little bit of teasing on her tone. It was pitch black at our surroundings except for the headlights of Ryujin's motorcycle. "It's okay. You're with me, aren't you?" Ryujin raised an eyebrow as she held out her hand in front of me.

"Is this really safe? I mean.. it's 10 pm?" I sighed as I ran my hand through my hair. Finally. I've been having my neck stiffened because my hair was pulled on one side. Now I can ruin it.