Girlfriend Corporation: Fifty Two

GFC Fifty Two

Lia's Point of View..

Ryujin and I decided to have Sir Albert fetch me instead of her, driving me to the restaurant. It was an awkward situation to be in. Ryujin and her parents cut off ties.. and the Hwangs of course. No wonder they know her when my parents mentioned her name at my party. Ryujin and Yeji's relationship must have been open to their parents as well. It would not take a genius to figure out that it won't be a fitting situation for Ryujin to be in.

And so as Sir Albert pulled over in front of the said restaurant, I immediately got out and looked at the modern styled landscape of the building. Just how rich are the Hwangs? And Ryujin's family? I waved a goodbye on our driver and get inside the resto. It was easy to spot my family because there was no other customer but them and they were sitting on the middle. My parents then a vacant seat that I assume for me, then Yuna and her parents. On the opposite side are Yeji's parents who was waving at me enthusiastically by the way. On the other hand, Yeji was nowhere to be seen. I wonder if she was invited last minute just like me. And two unfamiliar people which I assume.. Ryujin's parents.

I quietly approached the table and sat down on my designated seat beside my Mom who was looking at me.. skeptically. Why though? Did I do something wrong? I'm off the hook from running away on my party with Ryujin, don't I? She didn't mentioned getting mad over it but she did gave me a once over when I've got home as if checking if I did something.. nasty. I sighed.

"Good evening. Sorry for the delay." I said addressing the other people in front of me. Yuna's softly nudged my side causing me to divert my attention to her. I mouthed a silent 'Why' smiling on her parents on the process.

"We have to talk later." She whispered as I just nodded in confusion.

"It's okay. Yeji is not here still anyway. But she's on her way." Yeji's father bubbly answered with a wide smile. I took a look at Ryujin's parents and noticed that the middle aged man was literally piercing through my soul. He has a straight face while looking at me while casually holding his glass of red wine. The woman gave me a small smile before averting her gaze on her wine as well. What's with the heavy atmosphere? Were they talking about us? Me? Or Ryujin? How pretentious of you, Choi Lia.

"Let's start our dinner now. Yeji won't mind anyway." I heard Yeji's mom said with a chuckle. As I look up, Ryujin's father was still looking at me. I fidgeted on my seat and felt Yuna's hand on my knee. I looked up at Yuna's worried face as I let out a deep sigh. I just shrugged off before completely ignoring the business talks of the older people. Shutting out the intimidating gaze that the old man on the opposite side of the table was giving me. I wonder what's his problem with me. Was it the fact that I'm dating her 'daughter'. As far as I'm concerned they disowned Ryujin because of Zephora.

I sighed as a few minutes later, Yeji arrived. A little out of breath for maybe rushing in.

"I'm so sorry I'm late. I had some things to do at the council." Yeji hastily said as she gracefully slid down her seat. I smiled at her direction which she reciprocated right away.

"Nothing has really changed on you, Yeji. You're just as responsible and dedicated as before." I looked up and saw Ryujin's father offering a small smile on Yeji. Ohlala. Seems like Ryujin's whole family was rooting for Yeji in the first place.

"He's doing it on purpose. Don't mind him." I heard Yuna whispered beside me while quietly munching on her food.

"I know." I shrugged off as I dug in on my own plate of an unfamiliar dish.