Girlfriend Corporation: Fifty Four

GFC Fifty Four

I refused Ryujin's offer to drive me home. Instead, I called Sir Albert since my parents are still in the town for some business related things. I just quietly sat inside the car while looking out at the window reminiscing the amazing days that I've spent with the certain gray haired girl. What's the probability of having to experience what I have felt with Ryujin with someone else? Probably close to nothing.

'There's nothing to worry about. There are so many kinds of love in this world but never the same love twice'. I've read it somewhere before and it never left my mind. I couldn't believe that I'm going to use this for myself and not for Yuna.

Yuna..

Yuna and Chaeryeongie broke up last night too. And.. I wasn't there for her. I bit my lip and fidgeted on my seat. As the car halted into a stop, I hastily got out of the car and went inside the apartment. And Yuna was there. standing in the middle of the living room. And as soon as I came in, Yuna came crashing into me engulfing me into a tight hug.

She was crying. Her body was shaking, her sobs were getting louder and louder, causing for my own chest to tighten at her situation. I wasn't there for her last night. She actually waited for me to deal with my own heartbreak first before she approached me. I wanted to slap Chaeryeong for doing this to Yuna but I can't do that. Yuna knows what she was up to when she signed a contract under the corporation. But it still hurt. Maybe even more painful than what I felt just an hour later upon breaking up with Ryujin. Seeing Yuna cry like this hard was a first for me to witness. And she doesn't deserve such pain. The lump on my throat became even more difficult for me to suppress and so I just let myself cry my heart out with her. Hugging her tighter, I can feel how my exposed collar bone was getting damp from Yuna's tear drops.

I brought my other hand on her hair softly caressed the silky soft strands of it. Her sobbing never subsided. It became even more painful to listen but I can't tell her to stop from doing so. Because I know this would help her get better. It would somehow reduce the pain that she was feeling, it would somehow drain all her energy until she realize it's enough already. I've seen her get upset over her past breakups but I've never seen her at this pitiful state. Where she couldn't hold herself back from crying this hard. She was that in love with Chaeryeongie.

The person who was willing to fool her best friend to get another chance with Yeji. I now understand why Yuna was so upset when she first met the cat eyed girl and immediately retracted from her blossoming feelings because she knew that the person that she was falling for, was already hopelessly in love with someone else. I don't know which one of the situation was harder to accept; Ryujin who actually liked me but can't be with me because she wasn't willing to leave the corporation for her daughter or Chaeryeong who I know still feels guilty over the fact that she can't force herself to reciprocate on Yuna's feelings because she was still into Yeji. Nevertheless, Yuna and I were going through a different pain.. we both are suffering from heartache. But I've never expected for Yuna to be this.. miserable.

"I'm sorry." I managed to squeak out between my own sobs. "I wasn't there for you last night. I'm sorry." With that, Yuna's shoulder once again shook violently as I felt her almost desperately clinging to my smaller body. I didn't know how long we just stood there hugging onto each other. But Yuna eventually was the first one to retract from the hug. As soon as I saw her swollen eyes and the non-stop pouring of the tears from its socket, I cupped her face and wiped it away though it was useless. Her tears continued to spill as I just gave up and just held her hand tightly in mine and pulled her towards the couch so we could talk comfortably. And as soon as I sat down on the cushion, Yuna immediately snuggled up to my body as if she was afraid of being left alone by me. I bit my trembling lip as I instinctively and protectively snaked my arms over her. Then I just found her laying her head on my lap sideways. I looked down at Yuna's undeniably sorrowful state.