Chapter 11- setting up the party

Rileys POV:

I woke up and looked over at my phone. IT WAS TWO PM. I quickly grabbed an orange shirt and leggings, tied my hair up and walked downstairs. Surprise, surprise, no one was home. I walked to the fridge to find a note being held up by a magnet with my big brothers face on it. I took it off the fridge and started reading the note.

Riley,
Your father and I are traveling again and we won't be home for a week. Don't text us either, we won't respond. Your big brother is coming over to make sure you have everything you need.
Goodbye,
Mom and dad

Geez I love you guys too. I put the note on the counter and got bread out of the freezer. I put it in the toaster and jumped on the island. The door opened and someone walked in. I couldn't see who it was. It's probably Cairo, she usually just walks in.

"Riley! I'm home! I'm assuming your up because it's 2!" My brother yelled. I hate him.
"I'm in the kitchen." I said.
"Hey." He said and leaned on against the one counter.
"Hello." I said.
"So, what are you going to do today?" He asked.
"Nothing to your concern." I said and looked down at Stella who was walking around the kitchen.
"Mom let you get a cat?" He asked.
"Yep. She's never home, why would she care?" I asked and jumped off the counter to get my toast. The door opened and my brother looked terrified.

"Riles what have I told you about not locking the door? Anyone could get in." Cairo said as she was turning the corner to get in the kitchen.
"Anyone like you?" My brother asked. "Riley why is your brother here?" Cairo asked as she was pointing at him.
"This note." I said and handed her the note from the counter.
"And who is that random girl that just walked in our house?" He asked.
"Cairo. She has a spare key to the house. She basically lives here. You have met her before, she's been my best friend since like 4th grade." I said.

"Ignoring him, when are we going to set up for the party?"
"Huh, a party? Who's coming to this said party?" My brother asked.
"Oh my tigers and a few of the football kids." I said.
"Your tigers?" Cairo questioned and I glared at her.
"Football kids, huh, are those boys?" He asked.
"You are working on my nerves right now I will hit you, again." I said though my teeth. "I just like to fight. I'll fight you." Cairo said I glared at her again.
"You getting booze?" He asked.
"What? No!" I yelled and the door opened.
"I GOT THE BEER!" Farrah yelled and she put it on the counter.
"Root beer, is what Farrah meant." I said. "No, we brought beer. Like alcoholic beer. That's what we were talking about." Eva said and she put a case on the counter. Eva's hair is green. Farrah hit my brothers arm.
"Who's this Gumby looking dude?" Farrah asked.
"I thought I said 8." I said.
"I'm Rileys brother and why are there now 3 different girls in our house?" He asked. The door opened.
"Make that 4 girls."

"Babe! I know you said 8, but we came a bit earlier because we wanted to help." Annleigh called from the front hallway. "Babe?" My brother questioned.
"I'll call you if I need help. Just get out." I said as I kicked him.
"You're my baby sister. You're going to be in this house alone for a week. I care about you, so I'm down to help with the party and I'm 24, so I can get more alcohol."
"No it's-"
"I like Chew Becca over here." Farrah cut me off. "You kind of do look like Chew Becca." Eva laughed. I would yell at them for being rude, but they are telling the truth.
"I'm going to get some drinks for y'all and I'll go get some snacks. Just no one tell our parents." My brother said.
"We won't." Farrah said and my brother left the house.
"He seems nice." Farrah said as she was jumping on the island.
"Trust me, he's a jerk." Cairo said. Farrah covered Eva's ears.

"Anyway, Eva has been crying over Kate for a long time so no one bring up anything that has to do with her." Farrah whispered. "Is that why she has green hair?" I asked. "It's not all green, it's only the under layer." Farrah said and pulled up some of Eva's hair so that everyone could see the green in her hair.
"Ok, but if we can't talk about Kate, how is she going to be in a room with her?" Annleigh asked.
"Uhh idk?" Farrah said, actually using the letters i,d, and k. She uncovered Eva's ears and Eva threw a dirty look at her.
"I literally fucking heard you."
"Fricking." Annleigh corrected.