Chapter 36- Tryouts

An: I would like to point out i know absolutely nothing about cheerleading so don't attack me

Eliza's POV:

"So we were given a list to read to you kids about tryouts or whatever. Does anyone in here actually care about it?" My teacher asked. Farrah and I raised our hands. "Stupid girls." The teacher mumbled. "Okay! You want the cheerleading one?" I nodded my head. "Of course you do." One of my classmates mumbled. "Shut the fuck up, you're just jealous you could never get one of us to willingly talk to you." Farrah said. "Language." I whispered. The boy didn't answer Farrah. "Yeah thats what i thought."
"Okay, cheerleading. Tryouts by the shed, coaches are Mrs Charlotte and Mr Washington. They can only have 16 cheerleaders. Boys and girls. Oh and the people trying out today are....i dont want to read them but Eliza and Farrah y'all are trying out. You don't need to stay after school the rest of the week unless you made callbacks...which are Monday and Tuesday of next week.Thats all you need to know now get out." I stood up and grabbed my backpack. "Lets go Fay." I said and grabbed her wrist before pulling her out of the portable.

We walked over to the shed and threw our backpacks down with the others. "Eliza! Farrah! Over here!" Annleigh yelled. She was standing with the rest of the old tigers. "We need to make sure the 6-"
"7."
"Thank you, Annleigh, the 7 of us are the best." Eva finished. "How are we going to make sure that happens?" I asked. "Simple, I'm killing the first girl to mess up."
"Farrah thats not even funny, our old captain was a literal murderer." Maria said. "Not that thats not a good plan, I actually have an idea." Eva said. "I probably have a better one."
"Kate, Eva was the highest ranked flyer 2 years ago. Let her do the planning." I said.
"Yeah, why the fuck did we not use her as a flyer that much last year?" Maria asked. Eva shrugged. "So we are all gonna....hang on...Eliza did you say Kate?" Eva asked. "Yeah....WAIT KATE?!" We all turned to look at her. "Hey." "I THOUGHT YOU WERE GOING BACK TO GYMNASTICS!" Mattie yelled and hugged them. "Chess threatened me so here i am." They said as she was pealing Mattie off of themself. "No but E, whats the plan so we all stay tigers?"
"I have absolutely no idea, lets just do stunts and tumbling over and over until the tryouts start. We could do the cheer, but i think we all remember that from last year."
"Yeah smart idea..but...we are wearing uniforms." Peggy said.
"Yeah theres no way i could lift a girl up in this button down." I said.
"Umm, i'll go ask one of the coaches where we can change." Eva said and left our circle.

"We need to all be on the team again." Mattie said. "Its fine Mattie, we will." Peggy said. "You don't know that." "I do, we will be on the team."
"What if one of us gets on JV?"
"The fuck is JV?!" Farrah yelled.
"Mattie...thats a public shool thing." I said.
"Yeah, theres not enough kids to make a jv team." Peggy said.
"Also theres 16 slots, we're the top pick due to us being on last year, its going to be fine." Annleigh said.
"PORTABLES 2I, AND 1J ARE OPEN TO CHANGE IN." Eva yelled, "GRAB YOUR
BAGS AND LETS GO." She bent down and grabbed her black backpack with pins all over it. The rest of us grabbed our bags and split up. Me, Annleigh, Kate, and Mattie in one and Eva, Farrah, Maria, and Peggy in the other.

"SHIT I FORGOT CHEER CLOTHES." Kate yelled. "You idiot." Mattie said as she was taking off her shirt. "Oh my gosh, Kate. You knew we had tryouts today." Annleigh said as she was putting on black nike shorts. I finished putting on the same black shorts Annleigh had and my bright blue shirt on before digging in my bag. "Guess you will be trying out in that." Mattie said as she was shoving her uniform in her backpack. "Mads, are you trying out in a pink sports bra-?" Kate asked. I threw an extra pair of shorts and a light blue crop top on the longer side where it only shows your stomach when you lift your arms up at Kate. "Thats gonna have to work." I said. Mattie finished shoving her skirt into backpack. "I forgot to bring a shirt so its gonna have to work." She said as she was picking her bag up. "Well thats gonna go over well with our private school." I said. "Our private school that had uniforms." Kate added. She put her uniform in her bag. "Oh and Liza, thanks." They said and opened up the door. We all filed out and met up with the other old tigers.

"OKAY TRY OUTS ARE IN 10 MINUTES LETS RUN THIS." Eva yelled. "WHAT ARE THE CHEERS?!" Kate yelled back. "THUNDER." I yelled. "AND THEN THERES THE TUMBLING AND STUNTS SECTION." Farrah yelled. "WHY ARE WE YELLING?!" Maria yelled. "THUNDER IS THE SAME FROM LAST YEAR, RIGHT?!" Kate yelled. "YEAH ITS THE 'THUNDER!LIGHTNING! TAKE TWO STEPS BACK! HERE WE GO NOW! FLASH! FLASH!WHOO! FLASH! THE TIGERS ARE NUMBER ONE!'" Mattie yelled. "THATS REPEATED LIKE 12 TIMES, RIGHT?" Kate yelled. "..3 times but yes."  Eva said. It was quiet for a bit. "LETS MAKE STUNT GROUPS." Eva yelled. "Farrah and I are the flyers." Kate opened their mouth to say something. "Kate i know you're a flyer but you weren't last year so we are going with this." "KATE IS A FLYER?!" Mattie yelled. "YEAH BUT LAST YEAR THEY ONLY TOOK TWO FLYERS SO I WAS STUCK ON TUMBLING." "STOP YELLING!" Maria yelled. "Okay, 1 is with me, 2 is with Farrah. Annleigh 1, Eliza 2, Kate 1, Maria 2, Peggy 1, Mattie 2." We all walked to the respected flyers.

"We can run the one from the beginning of last year, I'll call the numbers. Everyone just pay attention." Eva said. "Yes ma'am." Farrah said, probably trying to make Eva mad. I flicked her in the back of the head. "Lets go bases, 2 main and one back. Come on." Eva said, kinda annoyed. I moved to back spot, Mattie to left spot, and Maria to right.

Eva's POV:

"Okay, ready?" I asked. "COME ON START COUNTING." Farrah yelled. "No dropping miss 911 over there." I said, gesturing to Farrah. "COME ON! We dont have all day." Annleigh yelled. "Okay okay, 5, 6, 7, 8, 1, 2, up 3, 4, 5 high V, 7 spin, 8 dip, 1 swich, 2, 3 up, 4 throw front flip, 5 catch, 6 up, 7 spin, 8 scorpion, 1 point, 2 down, 3 up, 4 spin, 5 throw, Farrah spin, 7 catch, 8 up, 1 throw, 2 toe, 4 catch, 5 up, high V, 6 clasp, 7 extension, 8 throw, 1 flip, 2 catch, 3 down, 4 on floor."
"Okay we totally hit that." Peggy said as she was giving out high fives. "See Mattie? We will all definitely make the team." I said, ruffling up her hair. "Umm y'all?" Mattie asked. We all followed her line of vision to find everyone there, including the coaches, looking at us. "Is that really a bad thing?" "YES." Mattie yelled. The female coach came over to us.

"You girls must be the tigers from last year." She said. A few of us nodded, some said "yes" others said "uh huh" things like that. "I can't guarantee that all of you girls will get a spot. Butttttt, if you tryout like that, I don't see why you wouldn't get on the team."
"SEE! WE TOLD YOU MADS!" I yelled. Peggy and Mattie did a weird handshake thing, Annleigh hugged Eliza and Maria, Kate hugged me quickly before what looked like instantly regretting it and hugged Maria, Farrah jumped on my back and hugged me that way. I saw the coach smile out of the corner of my eye before she left. Farrah jumped off my back and gave Eliza a high five. "WAIT GROUP SELFIE!" Peggy yelled as she pulled her phone out of her pocket. Peggy stretched her phone out and up. Farrah jumped back on my back, Kate put her arm around Annleigh, Maria picked Eliza up like a baby, and Mattie poked her head in the bottom. Peggy took the picture and posted it on her Instagram.

"OKAY LETS GO PEOPLE!" The male coach said. Peggy put her phone by her bag and the rest of the wanna be tigers gathered in a semi circle. "First things first, I'm coach Charlotte and thats Coach Washington. Now, the sections are going to be regular high school cheer stuff, tumbling second, then stunting last. If you make callbacks, an email will go out if you have callbacks on Monday or Tuesday. You will get an email on Friday saying if you got a spot. Coach Washington and I thought it would be a fun idea to send emails and those who are on the team aren't aloud to say anything and that Friday night, there will be a sleepover at my house and thats where you will learn all of your team mates!" Coach Charlotte said. "Questions?" Some boy raised his hand. The coach looked at him and nodded. "Why at your house?" Peggy started to laugh but Annleigh and Eliza each slapped a hand over her mouth. Farrah covered her mouth with her hands. "Would one of the old tigers like to say why?" Coach Washington asked. "Um yeah so at a prom sleepover last year, there was a murder and an almost murder done by our captain and then they gathered back at we do not speak of her name's house and then there was another murder." I said. "Yeah so now its a school rule that all practices happen here or happen with a coach around." Coach Charlotte said. There was no movement from anyone. "Okay! Flyers over there, bases over here. Lets get this tryout going!"

/////////////////////////////////////////

Coach Charlotte is actually named after king george III's wife, Charlotte of Mecklenburg-Strelitz, aka Sophia Charlotte so TECHNICALLY its another Hamilton character🙃

Okay bye!!