Chapter 44- First Practice

AN: oh. Idk if you've figured it out but Sophia Charlotte is called coach C by the team and George Washington is called coach W because I'm lazy and don't want to type their names out every time.

Eliza's POV:

"LETS GET THIS PRACTICE GOING." Eva yelled.
"Farrah and James?" I asked. The coaches whispered something to each other.
"Right...team gather around." Coach W said. This can never be good. We all sat on the ground, the two coaches stood up.
"For James. He's going to get surgery to repair whats left of his fingers. The recovery from this can be anywhere to a few weeks to years to never. They don't know if he'll be able to cheer again." Coach W said.
"Oh shit." Thomas mumbled.
"And for Farrah?" I asked. The coaches sighed.
"She's a bit more complicated." Coach C said. She sighed then closed her eyes tight. "Its okay, Sophia, I got it." Coach W said. Oooo he first named her. Elizabeth. This is not the fucking time to be thinking like that. There could be death right now. "Luckily...umm...I lost my train of thought. Fa-" Annleigh cut off coach W.
"Farrah is still in the hospital. The knife missed most of her major thingys. Although a few hours after she started having symptoms of internal bleeding. The doctors ran a bunch of tests and unfortunately, they found it. They found it early but it was pretty bad so she had to have surgery. Right now, they are just focusing on stabilizing his body and getting it back to normal. It could take a good deal of time. They didn't really give us a ball park."

"I knew this was going to happen but I didn't think they would go this far." Aaron mumbled as he was standing up.
"Whats that supposed to fucking mean?" Kate yelled as she stood up.
"Don't worry about it." Aaron left the field. He got in his car and drove off.
"WHAT ABOUT MUMBLE?!" Sam yelled.
"He's perfectly fine." Coach C said.
"Okay can we go back to Aaron just fucking up and left??" Kate asked.
The rest of the team exchanged awkward confused looks for a few minutes.
"Okay. Lets break off into stunt groups. A group will be down a flyer and one will be down a base." Coach W said as he was clapping his hands.
"This should be fun." Charles mumbled.

Annleigh's POV:

"So these will be your stunt groups for the rest of the year. B's group will have Thomas as back, Annleigh as main, and-"
"But I'm usually back. I'm not a main." I cut coach C off. I've been a backpack since 7th grade. I'm not stopping now.
"Annleigh, these are the groups. If you don't like it, you can go." Coach W said.
"Then Mattie as side."
"Why can't I be with Mattie?" Peggy asked.
"Like we told Annleigh. These are the groups if you don't like them, leave." Coach W said.
"B, you're group will be center." Coach C said. Thomas, Mattie and I got up and moved to where coach C was pointing. B didn't move.
"B!" I yelled.
"B! GET OVER HERE!" Mattie yelled.
"EARTH TO B." Thomas yelled. She still didn't move.
"BULLET!" I yelled even louder.
"I'M NO- oh wait. I'm B."
"Good god freshie. Are you high?!" Thomas asked as she stood next to him.
"No! I'm not!" She squealed.

"Anyway....Kate's group will have James as back, Eliza as main, Peggy as side. Eva's group will have Charles as back, Maria as side, and Sam as main."
"Why does he get to be the main?!" Maria complained.
"The next to complain gets kicked out." Coach W snapped.
"Finally, Farrah's group will be Laf as back, Aaron as side, Angie as main."
"Laf and I can't stunt. We're down a flyer and base." Angie said.
"Neither can our group. We're down a base." I said.
"Kate's group. You dont need a backspot. Angie and Laf, you make sure none of the tops fall."
"Yes coach C." Laf and Angie said.

"There is no fucking way I'm going up without a backspot." Kate said.
"Don't use that tone with us. Deal with it." Coach W said.
"This may be a bad time to say that i have no clue what I'm doing." B said.
"What." Coach W said.
"SHHHH SHUT IT SHHHHHH." Mattie yelled and covered B's mouth.
"We'll help you." I whispered.
"She's kidding! She knows what she's doing." Thomas said.
"Moving on! Lets just run some easy drills. Tops go up. Eva?" Coach C said.
Thomas grabbed B's waist. B swated his hands away.
"Whoa uh-"
"Bullet. He's gonna grab your waist so you don't fall." I said.
"Oh."
"Is everything okay over there?" Coach W asked.
"B is just....a little new at this. Give her a second." Mattie said. Coach rolled his eyes.
"I'm going to grab your waist now." Thomas said, waited for B to nodd, then he grabbed her waist. "Fuck."
"W-whats wrong?" B asked alarmed
"Nothing wrong with your weight! Nor the size of your waist!" I quickly called out. B let out a sigh of relief.
"Annleigh will you get her-"
"Annleigh! Backspot. B clearly isn't okay with Thomas."
"Thank gosh." I mumbled and moved behind B.
"Just go with whatever I'm about to do. Don't ask questions." B nodded. I tied her big tee up above her belly button. "Sports bra next time girl."
"Sorry."
"Hand on Mattie's shoulder, hand on Thomas'. Right foot up." B did as I told her.

"You girls good now?" Coach W asked.
"Yes sir." I said.
"Eva?" I fixed my grip on B's waist.
"1 2 up 3 and hit." B didn't even get a bit in the air before she buckled and fell.
"What happened here?" Coach C asked.
"Sorry." B immediately said.
"Lock your leg." I whispered.
"You'll get it. Don't worry." Mattie whispered.
"Do you know how the counting works?" Thomas asked. B shook her head.
"We'll bounce you on 1 and 2. We push you up on 3."
"And hit?"
"Leave your hands in a fist and straight by your side." Mattie said.

"LETS GO! COUNT HER UP LADIES." Coach W yelled.
"1 2 up 3 and hit." I said. B was super shaky. How the hell did she make the team?! She sucks as a flyer. Thomas had most of the foot, Mattie had her hands under his.
"Stop hogging the foot." I snapped at Thomas. He let Mattie get a better grip.
"B lock your god damn leg." Mattie snapped. She had a let behind her and B's foot was basically on her shoulder.
"I THOUGHT I WAS?!"
"You made her curse."
"WELL LOCK IT HARDER."
"WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?!"
"THOMAS HELP MATTIE WITH B'S WEIGHT. SHES STRUGGLING. I SWEAR NONE OF YOU KNOW HOW TO CHEER." I yelled.
"OKAY LISTEN." Thomas' hands where by his side.
"THOMAS!" B started tipping.
"FALLING! FALLING!" B yelled.
"DROP HER FOOT." Coach C yelled. Charles dropped Eva's foot and ran over to save our stunt. Coach W was yelling at us, Kate had fallen on Eliza, and in attempts of Maria trying to save her stunt, Eva got flung to the point Angie and Laf had to run and catch her a few feet away. But in positivity, B was still in the air.
"I QUIT! I'M GOING BACK TO COACHING THE CRAPPY FOOTBALL TEAM!" Coach W yelled, threw his clipboard down, then left.
"Drop B down." Coach C said. Then ran after coach W.
"Fuck the counting." Thomas said.
"Drop her." Charles said.
"Up then down." Mattie said.
"Up on 1. One." We extended our arms but B apparently didn't get the memo and she just buckled. She fell and Maria caught her.

"Okay what the fuck." Kate said.
"What has gotten into you?!" Eva asked.
"We saw you at tryouts!" Mattie said.
"You were actually good." Peggy said.
"Guys, chill off of her. She may be having an off day." Eliza said.
"We will not chill off of her she could have killed us." Kate said.
"But she didn't." Eliza said.
"May I remind you Eva was flung from her group?" Thomas asked.
"Lay off of her, okay? She's 14." I said.
"She's actually 13. She skipped 8th grade." Mattie mumbled.
"Even worse." I said.
"STOP FIGHTING AND LET HER EXPLAIN." Sam yelled.
"Oh shit- since when have you been here." Thomas said as he was looking him up and down.
"B? Car-" B was crying. Darn it all.

Mattie's POV:

I sat down next to B. "Why are you crying?"
"I hate being a cheerleader. This is why I dance." B mumbled into her knees.
"Dance?" Eva questioned. She sat on the opposite side of B.
"I'm not B."
"Wait what?" I asked.
"I'm her sister. B's sick right now but she didn't want to miss practice so she sent me. I didn't know it was going to be so fucking hard."
"B has an identical twin sister?!" I asked.
"Yeah...We also have an older brother and a younger brother." Who ever this girl said.
"So if you're not B, who are you?" Eva asked.
"My name is Trigger."
"Wait...wait...wait...wait. Bullet and Trigger?" Charles asked.
"Yeah...our parents were weird. Thats why we go by B and T."
"Wait so was it you or B I was talking to on the first day of school?" I asked.
"Me...I didn't quite catch your name and girls on my dance team carried me away before I could say anything. Their not very comfortable with me being gay yet. But you're very pretty an-"
"Okay okay, don't need to ramble on." Annleigh cut T off.
"So umm...uh-"
"Mattie." Eva said for me.
"Can I have you-"
"Her phone number is (212) 705-6852." Eva again said for me.
"Eva she has a voice." Annleigh said.
"Right! Sorry. Talk Madds." I didn't say anything.
"Wait, what are your brothers names? Gun and Rifle?!" Sam asked, Changing the subject.

"I'M GOING TO FUCKING KILL GUNN." Someone yelled. There was a girl on a yellow, run down, rusty bike speeding down the sidewalk. She jumped the curb and started coming to us.
"B! HUNTER SAID YOU WERE SICK." T yelled.
"NO! GUNN TRAPPED ME IN THE CLOSET AGAIN." B yelled.
"Oh so Gun. They have a brother named gun." Sam said.
"And Hunter." Thomas added. B jumped off her bike.
"I see you have met this idiot." She said.
"She got us yelled at." Laf said.
"And almost killed Eva." Maria said.
"I was thrown across the field!"
"Seriously T?! Did you even try?"
"Yes! Cheerleading looks wayyyyy easier from far away."

"Okay Tigers, George isn't very happy right now so...why the heck are their two Bs?" Coach C asked as she was walking to us.
"Twins. Knoted shirt is Trigger and the other is B." Charles said.
"Interesting. Anyway, practice is over. I can't get coach to come back."
"Perfect." Kate said as they were rolling their eyes.
"So no practice tomorrow, but practice monday, Tuseday, not Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and maybe Saturday of next week."
"WHY MUST THERE BE SO MUCH PRACTICE?!" Laf yelled.
"Welcome to cheerleading." Coach C said.