Chapter 38- did you make the team?

3rd person POV:

"DID YOU MAKE THE TEAM?!" Mattie yelled as she ran up to Peggy and Maria. "We can't say, remember?" Peggy asked. "Oh shizzles, I remember now." Mattie said, looking down. "DID YOU GIRLS MAKE THE TEAM?!" Annleigh yelled, running up to them. "We can't say, remember?" Mattie asked. "Oh sugar. I remember now." Annleigh said, smacking the side of her head. "OH MY GOD DID ANY OF YOU MA-" "WE CAN'T SAY." Mattie, Peggy, Maria, and Annleigh yelled, cutting Farrah off. "Di-" "Just stop yourself. We can't say." Farrah said as soon as Kate came over. "He-" "EVA WE CANT SAY IF WE MADE THE TEAM OR NOT." Mattie yelled. "Whoa, calm down there tiger. I was just going to say hey." Eva said, taking a step away from Mattie. "Oh."

"YOU KNOW THE DRILL GET TO CLASS PEOPLE." The teacher bell yelled. "Ugh bye y'all. Meet you by the tree?" "Uh huh." "Yep." "Bye guys." "See ya later." The old tigers all replied to Eva and they all went to class.

*time skip*

"I hate not being able to tell y'all if we made the team or not." Annleigh said as soon as she reached the group. Farrah, Peggy, Mattie, and Maria were sitting on the ground in a braid train like 1st graders. Kate and Eva were watching the girls get dandy lions and other weed flowers get braided into their hair. "I know, this rule is so stupid." Mattie said. "Well it will be fun if we did get on the team to have a surprise." Eva said. "Yeah, but its dumber than Annleigh." "FARRAH!" Annleigh yelled, lightly kicking her younger step sister in the side. "Hey, im just telling the truth." The high school girls, except Annleigh, started to laugh. A horn honked, causing the girls to jump. "Ugh, its my mom." Mattie said. She wrapped a hair elastic around Peggys hair and Farrah placed one in hers. "See you, maybe, hopefully, later." "Bye!" "Peace out!" Peggy yelled holding up a peace sign. Mattie did the same and got in her mothers car. The rest of the girls got their braids tied off and stood up.

"You like her, don't you." Annleigh said, placing a hand on Peggy's shoulder. "Do not." She snapped and threw Annleigh's hand off of her shoulder. "Oh come on Peggy, its obvious." Farrah said, picking out a flower from her messy french braid. "Even if i did, she doesn't like me back." Peggy said, watching Matties car drive off. "Okay y'all I think I'm going to head home, hopefully see you later." Eva said. "Yeah, bye." Farrah said and hugged her best friend. Kate and Eva both walked to Eva's car after saying their goodbyes. "We all should probably go." Annleigh said. The rest of the girls finished saying goodbye to each other, hopefully only to say hello in a few hours later that night.

Maria's POV:

"What if none of my friends made the team?" I asked my kitten, Attitude. She just stared at me with her green eyes. "You know, you're not much help." I said as I put black leggings and a red shirt into my sleepover bag. I looked at her. "I should have left you in that Ally." She meowed at me. "Don't take that tone with me young lady." I said, placing my hands on my hips. She meowed again. I patted her in between her ears. Atti meowed again, but this time louder. "Shhh." I whispered. "MARIA!" I threw a blanket over her. "When you talk to yourself do you get the answers?" My stupid older sister, Susannah, came inside my room. "Hahah very funny." I said, sarcastically. "Mom told me to give you the 5 minute warning." "Thank you now get out." I said as i started pushing her out of my room. Atti hissed. I paused. "The fuck was that?" Susannah asked. "My socks on the floor, now get out." She walked out of my room and i shut the door. "You have to be more quiet, Atti." I said and scooped up the small 6 week old, orange and white kitten. She started playing with my hair. "What if i go to coach Charlotte's house and then none of the group is there?" Yet again, Atti stared at me. I half smiled at her and then sat her down in the cat bad on the floor of my closet, made sure she had food and water, and then shut the door.

Peggy's POV:

"Y'ALL READY?!" I yelled. "For what?" betsy asked. "The sleepover?" I asked. "For those who made the team?" "Oh. I never got an email." Angie said. "Neither did I." Betsy said. "What?" I asked. "You must have been the only Schuyler to make the team." Angie said, she looked like she was about to cry. "Go have fun, we'll see you tomorrow." Betsy said and handed me my bag. "But I don't want to-" "You can do it on your own now mom is already in the car for you so go." Betsy said. I smiled at my sisters and walked to the car.

Eliza's POV:

I gave Angie a high five. "Go get your bag, we'll go the short way and scare Peggy." Angie said. I picked up my backpack and watched moms black mini van leave the driveway. "LETS GO." I yelled and Angie and I ran out of the house, quickly jumped in the car, and Angie was going at least 12 miles over the speed limit. "Okay, okay. Are we trying to scare Peggy or kill us all?" I asked as i was grabbing onto the handle on the roof for dear life. "Im not going that fast." She hit a curb and i swear the car almost flipped. "Slowing down. Got it." Angie said and started going the speed limit.

Mattie's POV:

The gate guard let us in and I took a deep breath. My anxiety is through the roof. What is none of the girls, or Kate, still not sure if shes 100% a girl, ANYWAY! What if none of them made the team. I kept looking at my phone to make sure I did 100% made the team.

Mattie Wheeler.......you made the team.....meet at 17 Hartcourt...

My mom drove past a familular house. Oh shizzles. Riley's old house. "Okay! It looks like this is the house." Welp. This is where im getting murdered. Mom handed me my pink over night bag. "Mom. The next door house IS RILEYS OLD HOUSE. Im not getting out."
"Mattie."
"Mom."
"Mattie..."
"Mother..."
"Mattie Evangeline."
"Yikes- middle name."
"Get in that house."
"But-"
"No buts. Get out."
"Ugh, fine." I got out of the car and shut the door. Mom rolled down the window.
"No getting drunk, no sleeping with any of the boys there, don't eat too much, remember your manners, call me or your dad if something bad happens."
"Okay."
"Bye! I love you."
"Bye." I started walking to the door.
"Say it back."
"I love you too." I mumbled. Mom drove away and i walked up to the door.

/////////////////////////////////////////

Hello people so i have covid😀 idk if this means i'll be updating this more or less but yeah. So i'm just telling you so theres a warning that i may be dropping off the planet

Kk byeeee