Chapter 25- the hospital

*the next day*

Chess's POV:

"Kate." I said as soon as she walked in the door. Visiting hours start at 10. It's 10:01 and Kate is already here. "Chess." She sat down in the chair closest to the hospital bed. "Why...why can't I move my legs...?" I asked extremely hesitantly. "Did no one tell you?" "Tell me what?" I asked. "It's really not my place." "Kate." "Did the doctors really not tell you?" She asked. "No, no one told me." I said. "Well, when you were stabbed, your spinal cord was damaged. You'll be paralyzed from the wound down." "WHAT?!" I started crying. "Chess I'm so sorry. We- you'll get through this. I got streamers and balloons and strings and ribbon we can  decorate the wheelchair with." She said and pulled all the stuff out of her backpack. "You're such a dork." I smiled and wiped the tears away from my eyes. "I'm trying, I'll have to get used to it too." "I know, we both have to get used to it." I smiled at her. From the looks of Kate, her face was red and puffy she looked like she was crying so I definitely don't need to be crying around her. Once one of us cries, we both end up crying. "How have you been doing?" Kate asked. "Other than being stabbed, being on a bunch of pain killers, not remembering most of the sleepover, having no clue who stabbed me, have been asleep for days, just woke up yesterday and have already been questioned by the police, not to even mention that I'm paralyzed now, I've been fine." I said. "Yeah that was kind of a dumb question." "When do you get out?" Kate asked. "Umm, idk?" "Oh." She leaned back in her chair.

"Oh, I have your phone." Kate said and grabbed it from her backpack. "Has Riley kicked me off the squad yet?" I asked as I took my phone from her. Oh. I was removed from the tigers gc. "Never mind, I see that she did." I started clearing the notifications off of my phone. "About that." I looked up from my phone to look at Kate. "I'm off the squad too. She also kicked Cairo. Oh and Annleigh." "Seriously?" "Mhm." "What did you do?" I asked her. "Well, she made a crazy dont curse rule, then she kicked you off, then I added you back to the group chat, then she took you off again, then I kinda got in a small fight with her, then Cairo did the same but not for the same reason I was fighting with Riley, then Annleigh told her she couldn't kick everyone off, so she kicked Annleigh." I stared at Kate with wide eyes and my jaw dropped. "Wow. That's crazy." I looked down at my phone. I was put into a group chat.

////////////////////////////////////////////
Non-tigers

*songs4satan added notagoodidea*
*songs4satan added thedeadones*
*songs4satan added chords4Christ*
*songs4satan added shutupandcheer*
*songs4satan added the_tiger8*
*songs4satan added prom.princess*
*songs4satan changed the group name to non-tigers*
////////////////////////////////////////////

"Oh. My. God." I said, not looking up from my phone. "Holy crap." Kate added.

////////////////////////////////////////////

thedeadones:
Holy crap
How many of you did she kick off?

shutupandcheer:
5
The rest of us quit

the_tiger8:
She kicked Chess, you, Cairo, Annleigh, and then Farrah
When she kicked Farrah, Eva and I quit
////////////////////////////////////////////

"Oh. My. God." I said again.

////////////////////////////////////////////

songs4satan:
I was kicked today! Then Reese and Eva quit. A new email went out that non-cheerleaders and non-football players have to go to school! That's where the rest of the non-tigers are right now! I will return on Wednesday! Reese and Eva need to wait till it's proved it wasn't them! Reese emailed the school about how Kate isn't a tiger, but still can't return to school. You now have reoccurring panic attacks over the incident!