35: Foreboding

TW! Underage drinking. Please read with care!

"Stop being such a bitch about her, dude!" Schlatt complained, giving Wilbur a slight shove as he snatched the bottle of whiskey from his hand. "She's been gone what, a fuckin' week? You're seeing her again tomorrow, shut the fuck up."

Wilbur rolled his eyes and shoved his friend right back. "Am I not allowed to miss my girlfriend, Schlatt? You've been complaining non stop about Charlie, and he's just working for like, three hours."

"Not when that's all you've been talking about all week, Wilbur." Tommy chimed in helpfully, leaning over the front seats and reaching for the bottle of alcohol. "Can I have some?"

Schlatt went to hand it to him, but Wilbur stopped him before his little brother could close his hand around the neck of the bottle. "What?" Schlatt asked, looking between Tommy and the bottle. "He's what, fifteen? I started drinking at thirteen."

"He's got school tomorrow." Wilbur retorted, snatching the bottle back and taking a long swig.

"So do you, bitch." Tommy muttered, sitting back in the car.

"I know how to handle liquor." Wilbur said nonchalantly.

"Is this really what you guys do for fun?" Tubbo asked innocently from the back seat. "You just...sit and drink?"

"I told you, they're dumb and boring." Tommy muttered.

"Yeah?" Wilbur asked, twisting around in his chair to look his brother in the eye. "Why'd you come along then, prick?"

"Cause Schlatt's cool. Obviously." Tommy shot right back.

"Kid's growing on me." Schlatt admitted, nudging Wilbur and holding out the bottle once more. "Like a fuckin' fungus or something."

"You're gonna regret drinking tomorrow." Tommy said with the most condescending tone he could muster.

Wilbur wiped his mouth with the back of his hand. "Shut the fuck up Tommy."

---

Wilbur was beginning to regret getting quite so drunk last night with Schlatt.

The car trip to Montville wasn't too bad, but the headache that he got upon stepping out into the light wasn't what he would consider to be fun. Thankfully, Hbomb was the one letting him back into his room, and avoided making overbearing loud noises.

"Big night last night?" His head teacher asked, a knowing look to his eye.

"Who, me?" Wilbur said sarcastically, adjusting his grip on his guitar case as his dorm room was unlocked.

"If you need some aspirin come see me." Hbomb reassured, giving him a small nod before leaving him to it. Wilbur was thankful to have such a chill head teacher. He was also somewhat thankful that Fundy hadn't arrived yet, because it might just give his headache a chance at clearing up before things get loud.

Down the hall, Dream and Techno were readjusting their room and unpacking again. The guys who had kindly packed their things for them hadn't done a great job of keeping things as they were. But with a bit of lo-fi music on in the background and light banter between them, it wasn't an uncomfortable task. Techno had carefully returned his pig plushie next to its spot on his bed, right beside Steve.

Tommy and Tubbo were absolutely vibing on the next floor down. They had the Hamilton soundtrack on full blast as they went around and set their room back up, just the way they liked it. And now, with their newly updated stash of instant noodles and candy (thank you Phil), they were pretty much positive that this semester was going to be a good one.

---

Karl and Tubbo cringed when Ranboo sat down with a plate of carrots at dinner.

Tommy grumbled under his breath and tossed Wilbur five bucks. Ranboo watched the exchange and noted all the pairs of eyes on him, before slowly picking up his fork and stabbing a carrot. He carefully dropped it in his mouth, and almost immediately cringed. The table erupted into laughter.