Stop- Part 33

She slept next to him all night, on the floor of course, making herself comfortable with some pillows and blankets. It was about 6:30 am and she goes ahead and checked his temperature, it was lower than before, but was still slightly over 101. As she's about to get up to prepare some breakfast for them both, she feels his hand touch her arm. "Sakura...you stayed..." he says in a soft tone.

"Yeah, I'm here. Why wouldn't I be? I'm going to go make you some food, just a little, so you don't completely starve." 

She's about to be on her way, but he stops her again. "No...don't. You....you should go." 

"Stop. Now let me go see what you have." Looking in his fridge, nothing. Only a bottle of water and an old piece of lemon. Opens all his cabinets, only a few cans of random cranberry sauce and vegetables. Shaking her head she goes back to him now sitting up in his bed and stands in front of him with her hands on her hips. "You have nothing. What have you been eating anyways for the past week?" He doesn't respond. He's just about to tell her to leave again until her hand is in front of him palm faced up. "I'm going to the store. Give me some money."

He sighs, "Look...you don't have to-"

"Wallet." Without making eye contact with her, he lays back down and faces away from her.

"Top drawer." She walks over, opens his wallet and takes a 20 bill.

"I'll be right back in 5. You better stay in bed." she orders him.

 Reaching the little mart around the corner, she buys some veggies, prepared broth, and noodles, so it wasn't completely boring. "I'm back", she announces placing the bag of food down on the kitchen counter. She quickly goes back to check on him and finds him asleep. 'Hm. Good. Guess he still needs more rest considering how high his fever was for who knows how long.' Going back into the kitchen, she begins to heat up the broth and cut the vegetables, hoping not to lose a finger in the process. Boiling the mixture together, as well as making some rice on the side, it was ready 30 minutes later. Walking slowly to his room, carrying everything on a tray, she places it on the side table he had there and wakes him up. "Psstt....Sasuke..." she whispers. "Hey...wake up." He groans and slowly turns around to be faced with her holding a spoon full of soup, blowing on it. "Can you sit up for me?...and say 'AAA'." He glares at her, because she damn well knows he didn't like to be fed or even babied for that matter.

"Stop it, Saku." He sits up right away as she smirks at him, passing him the bowl. 

Sitting on the floor next to his bed, they both take a few spoon fulls of the soup. After eating quietly for about a minute or two he says, "Your soup sucks..."

She exhales, "Yes...I know.."

"...Thank you..." he says with a small blush.

"Mhm. Anytime." He lets out a light chuckle as he continues to eat her flavorless soup. He didn't understand how all these different vegetables were floating in the liquid, and yet she managed to have absolutely no hope in giving it flavor. She was a hopeless cook, it was no surprise to him. Finishing his bowl off as well as the rice, he looks at the time.

"Aren't you...going to work?"

"Nope. Took the day off."

"What?? N-no...I'm fine now, really. You shouldn't miss because of me..I don't...I don't deserve this from you..." He turns his eyes away.

"Stop okay. I'm here and....now we have the day to ourselves. The day we both need."

Feeling full, and not really looking forward to facing her just yet, he lays back down and turns his back towards her. She picks up their dishes and goes to wash them. As she's drying, her phone buzzes.

'Hey.'

'Hey. You at work?'

'Mhm. Just got here. Everything alright this morning?'

'Better, yes. Especially after that medication you brought last night. It brought it down almost entirely. He's resting.'

'Mmm. Well...I'm glad I guess.'