Better- Part 44

The doctor soon comes in, takes off her patch, and checks her progress. Flashing a small light into her eye, it didn't look half bad. "Wow Ms. Haruno, you've healed up quite well within the last 14 hours. Let's test your vision and see where we are shall we." They take her into another room and give her the regular eye examination routine. She comes out with a 20/50 vision, which was not bad considering the damage she endured. After hearing her results, he says, "Don't worry Ms. Haruno, this was only the first test. With a bit more time, it should get better." He has the nurse come and give her special dark sunglasses, some prescribed eye drops, and instructs her to keep her eyes out of direct sunlight for the next few days. Kakashi of course is in the room to make sure to take notes, was ready to get her home.

Having her go back into her room to get dressed up while they got her paper work together to be released, she walks in to find a huge bouquet of flowers in a glass vase. Kakashi being right besides her, gets in front of her and enters the room first and approaches the unexpected gift. He grabs the card it came with and reads it to himself. 'Sakura, I hope you are well. Please come home to me my love... -Tachi. After reading it, he immediately starts ripping it, tearing it to pieces and throwing it in the nearby trash. She didn't say anything, just watching him she already knew who it must've been from. She decides to take the clothes he brought for her and went into the bathroom to change.

Coming out in some flattering, comfy sweat pants along with one of her favorite cami tops, hes sitting on the small couch, and the roses were gone, out of sight. Thrown out. Again she doesn't say anything...there was nothing to say really. Leaving the hospital was fun with even more news media waiting outside. That woman must have spread the word, and this time brought her camera men with her. But thankfully, having so much security made it that much simpler for them to escape the area. He's able to drive away to head towards his ranch house without anyone following, picking up a can of espresso n' cream on the way to stay awake, cause man did he need it. On the way there, about 20 minutes in, her mind kept over working to the point that she had to ask. She was too curious and a bit worried to wait any longer...

"Kashi...may...may I ask you something?" her hands in her lap rubbing against each other in a ball.

"Of course. What is it?" he says reaching over and touching her hands to stop her anxious act. Placing her hand on top of his right away, she takes a deep breath first, then proceeds.

"I want to know what's happening...a-are the police involved?"

Kakashi moves his hand in her grip of him, and decides to answer with a question first and see what more he gets out of her. "Why....would that be a problem?"

She gulps and knows he's probably going to tell her things that were beyond true...but..it's how she felt...and she didn't want to hide it from him. "I know this is going to sound wrong, especially right now...but...he's worked so hard for so many years to be where he is now. And...I wouldn't want him to lose it all because of....me.."

His ears were practically bleeding. 'Is she fucking serious??' he thought to himself. Slowly...and softly...he begins to laugh. "Heh...haha...you got to be fucking kidding me! Do you hear yourself???" he says a bit louder. She stays silent as her lips begin to tremble, but then she continues.

"I know what I'm saying....I know what I feel. And...I don't want to hurt him..."

The car suddenly swerves, pulling over to the side of the road, the tires screeching, making her lose her balance and almost hit herself on the window. "KASHI! What the-!" His hands surround her face and roughly holds her still. She can feel his warm breath flowing over her lips that made her feel eager for him to place his lips onto hers.