I don't know...- Part -2

The next morning, she wakes up and rushes to work. Same ol' same ol'. She thinks about the text convo she was having last night and it made her smirk. 'I'm glad I didn't say yes. I really need to re-evaluate myself and make sure I want someone in my life. I don't want to get hurt again...it's too much.' She reaches her building, and he was no where to be seen, but as soon as she got up onto her work floor, there was flowers waiting for her at the front desk. The front desk lady calls her over,
"Hey Sakura, someone brought these for you. He came really early too, I had barely even opened up the office." She reads the card 'For you..- K' There was at least a dozen roses, all different colors neatly wrapped with a pink satin ribbon. Yellow, pink, red, mint green, and even purple. 'Oh my god. I've never seen this many colors before...Purple ones exist?' She places them in her locker for now, and begins her shift. During her lunch break with Sasuke eating out in the balcony, she decides to text him.

'You gave me flowers...you didn't have to. They're beautiful..'K' '.

'Roses to be exact. Yes...I'm glad you like them.' 

'I'm at work, so...I'll text you later.'

'Looking forward to it'.

"Who you texting Saku?" Sasuke asks, not knowing about the flowers yet. 

"Oh, just Ino." She lies. Why does she lie? It's just Sasuke.

As they get ready to go home that evening, she takes out the flowers from her locker and carries them in her arm. They were beautiful and she wanted to get them home before they died any more than they already were. Walking together with everyone, of course Naruto has to ask, 

"Hey, Sakura, so who are those from? They're really nice." his eye brawls move up and down, leaning close into her.

"I agree. Too nice. What's going on?" Sasuke jumps in, and leans into her as well.

"What's with the questions. It's just from...from a friend I haven't seen in a while. That's all." she walks a little faster so they wouldn't see her slight blush.

"Does this "friend" have a name, Sakura?" Naruto says.

"Don't worry about it Naruto!" she says, wanting them to stop asking things. Sasuke and Naruto just look at each other and shrug.

The next morning she comes up to the office, right on time for once, she was so proud of herself, she gave herself a pat on the back. "Yes! I'm here!" she throws up her hands and announcing to everyone still in the locker room.

"Wow, its a miracle! We should all celebrate!" Sasuke makes fun. "My house, tonight."

"Are you serious?"she says to him, not knowing if he was kidding or not since he doesn't like to hangout during the week. "Yeah sure, why not, it's Thursday anyways, almost Friday!" Friday was the night they always went out, when they had nothing else to do that is. It became a routine over the years. Just as she's about to close up her locker, the front desk lady comes in.

"Sakura, this was dropped off for you again. Same person", and hands her a box.

"Oh, thanks." She puts it in her locker before any questions could be asked. "Okay, let's get to work."

Through their work time of waiting for the incubation of their cultures, Sasuke scoots towards her. "Hey. So...who's that box from?" he says as he was pipetting a few tubes that were ready for transfer.

"Oh, just a friend. I thought I said that yesterday." she says, and goes back to work.

"You know, I've known you for quite some time now, I could tell when you're lying, Sakura." Hoping she will just tell him who these gifts are from.

Sighing, she doesn't say much more..."I'll tell you when I'm ready...I don't want to talk about something that is not important right now."

"Alright, don't get all upset. I'll wait, if you say so." he goes back to his station and takes a peek at her. 'I hope this friend of hers is really just a friend. What am I saying? Even if she is starting to see someone...why does it bother me all of a sudden?'

During lunch time, she decides to not open whatever it is that he gave her and just text him. Sitting outside with Sasuke, she takes a few bites of her meal and then starts the messaging.