Ask me- Part 46

As he was walking with Yukino to grab some lunch, his phone rings. 'Dad?'

"Hello?"

"You're brothers put away."  He's silent. "Did you hear me? I said your brother-"

"I heard dad. I'm not fucking deaf. And?"

"And???  Wake up and go bail him out. I'll have someone come-"

"No."

"What did you say to me?"

"I said no. He got himself into this. He's guilty...face it. I have to go now."

"Why you!...If you hang up on me-" Conversation was over. He hung up, put the phone back in his pocket and continued his walk with her to the food.

"Is...everything alright?" she asks a bit concerned.

He sighs. "Yes and no...but I rather not talk about it."

"Okay." She said nothing more, got her own tray and chose the food she wanted.

As they approached the cashier, he says, "Here, let me pay for you." She doesn't decline, and lets him. Having the feeling all this might have to do with his friend, and he must have been feeling a certain way, so she didn't want to push any buttons. This was a bit familiar for her, so she knew how to handle this. As they walk to a table, sitting in front of him, he doesn't look at her at first just and opens up his food, taking a bite already. Doing the same, she waited for him to say something. Finally....15 minutes later, he says, "I'm sorry. I'm a bit in my head today." He sighs. "It's just that-"

"No need to explain. We can eat quietly if you'd like. I don't mind. As long as I get to see you...that's all that matters." His eyes meet hers as he takes another bite of his food, his lips moving up a bit to give her a small smile. 

"Thanks..."

"Yeah...no problem." 

The next morning, meeting up with her as they were making it a habit to do so, this time he was the one waiting with their drinks at hand. Walking up to him, she smiles, showing her teeth. "Good morning!" she says very happy to see him. He holds out her cup of iced black coffee with a big splash of sweet cream, one of her morning favorites. "Wow...thank you. And you even got them to put extra creamer the way I like it. Ooohh...I think you like me a lot." she pokes him with her elbow.

He smiles, but doesn't blush too much this time when he says, "Well...I'm not hiding it." She giggles, takes a sip of her drink, and lets out a satisfying moan. Now, that made him turn his face away to hide his pink shade. He couldn't quite handle the noises that came out of her small, hot lips just yet. 

They make their way to work, walking down the street next to each other. Both of them having only one hand free, they would sometimes accidentally graze each other, him being right handed and her a lefty. As his hand sways by hers with each passing of their feet, she's tempted to come in contact with him, and hold his hand. So...she goes for it. This was the most bold she had ever been...but it helped to know he almost always would respond with the same intentions in return. She deliberately bumps her hand into his before her fingers swiftly slip into his, taking a hold of his hand. Her heart was racing, as was his, not expecting her to do that. Feeling her small, soft hand in his felt...right. Felt...real. He takes a peek at her and sees the smirk on her face as she's looking straight forward, her lips around her straw sipping her coffee. He cracks a smile himself, taking a swig of his hot one, and they both continue to walk hand in hand to work.

Getting into the elevator, her floor came first of course. She finally lets go of his hand and says, "It was nice walking with you...and holding you today. I umm... hope we can do it a-again...after work maybe?" Stuttering at the end, he could tell she was really trying to be tough.