My fault - Part 39

He kept looking at the time on his phone every other minute, waiting for 4:30 to come. He's never been this eager to go and hangout with a woman...besides Sakura. Finally, the time came. He clocked out, got his backpack, and headed downstairs. As soon as those elevator's open, his eyes were looking for her. After a few scans of the lobby, there she was. Sitting on one of the couches on her phone. He fixes his hair once more before walking up to her.

"Hey..".

"Hi. 4:30 couldn't have come any slower, huh?" she winks at him.

He softly bites his lip as she did that. "Yeah...you could say that again."

"Shall we go?"

"Sure. Where to?"

"Would you by chance...want to go to the cafe again?" she says with her hopeful eyes.

"Lead the way." They walk about 3 minutes, since it wasn't far from there, and go inside, he holds open the door for her. Not even reaching the front counter, she stops and spins around.

"Could I umm...recommend a drink to you?"

"Yeah...sure. I don't mind."

"Okay, cool. Wait here. It'll be my treat."

"Oh..n-no, please let me pay." he starts taking out his wallet.

"It's okay. I get a discount." she gives him a wink.

"But still..please let me pay."

"Don't worry about it. I get the hook ups here. Now...go find us a seat and I'll be there soon."

She steps behind the counter, puts on an apron, and begins to get their drinks started. As he finds them a small table, he looks to then recognizes the same guy...her co-worker, working today. He sees him yank on her long hair playfully, and whisper something in her ear. She smiles a little and answers him as she continued to do what she was preparing. Now...he wasn't jealous per say...but he was curious who this guy was to her. Though, he knew it was too soon to be asking. He just met her, so he didn't want to look to deep into it yet. She soon comes back with two cups filled with hot liquid, and some pastries and sandwiches as well.

"Sorry...I'm kind of hungry, so I brought food as well."

"No, it's alright. We did just come out of work." She smiles and takes a bite right away of one of the sandwiches, not shy whatsoever.

"Have some with me. Please."

"Thank you....but next time it'll be my treat."

"Ooohh...so there's gonna be a next time?"

He lets out a chuckle, letting her see his smile she very much enjoyed. Her heart jumped, and felt like she had been struck by cupid. He takes a bite of one of the breads and sees him enjoying, making little 'mmm' sounds that she thought was out of this world adorable. She picks up her cup of coffee. "Cheers!"

"Yes, cheers." he hurries to pick his own up, clinks it with hers, and takes his first taste. Her big eyes follow his cup reaching his lips as he took a sip. She instantly sees his eyes light up, closing hers in satisfaction, then takes a sip of her own. "This is...wow...you're really...this is amazing.." he says being blown away by the taste dancing in his mouth. "This might actually be a favorite of mine now."

She giggles and says, "I can't believe you've never tried these before."

"Well you see...I tend to stick to one thing I like..and order it over and over."

"Mmm. Well...you should be more open to try new things. You're really missing out. Plus...you don't know what you like... until you try it...right?" she says as she looks straight into his eyes and takes a bite of her sandwich.