CH-16 THE DRAGON CASTLE (PART-1)

I slide down Balaena's back with Coco in my hand. The orca whistles cheerily and swims away from us. My heart keeps beating as I recall the waves flowing against us. My fingertips shivering while they rested on the whale's back. Her fins cutting through the sea when we rode over the water. Coco affectionately licks my hand as if to confirm the thoughts in my mind.

I close my eyes to transport myself back to the river. A rush of electricity passes through me as I find myself and Coco near the shallow river, completely dry. I hurry back to the palace and run into the sea-green-haired lady who had served me food near the entrance.

"Your Majesty, your pet had escaped your chamber. I tried to chase-" She stops midsentence when she notices Coco in my hands. "Oh, thank the spirits, you found her! I apologise, My Lady. I should have been more attentive but she is quite fast."

I pet Coco and respond to her, "It's fine. I found her in the hallway and then we came outside for a...walk. I'm sorry, what was your name again?"

She bows her head down. "I am Perla Bylgur, Your Majesty. I hail from Pearl Paradise, previously serving the Bijyu family. It is an honour to be under the service of the Water Queen as the head maiden."

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. Pearl Paradise? Bijyu? My face worries her even more. "Oh, Your Majesty, my apologies again! I forgot about your origins."

I shake my head. "It's okay. It's not your fault. Is there some kind of library where I can go and find some books to learn more about the places in Manelyse? You know, to prevent this awkward situation in the future."

Perla jumps excitedly. "Oh, yes! The Hav Bibliotek! Your Majesty, you have the courtesy of owning the largest and most illustrious library in Manelysse. Allow me to take you there."

I simply nod and follow her direction. She leads me to a monument shaped like a pearl in an oyster shell situated just behind the palace. The 'shell' is painted a turquoise blended in with a Prussian blue. The pearl is snow-white and also the library.

I enter the place in awe and I am greeted by an old spirit with watery eyes. "Welcome, Your Majesty, we were wondering when our new Water Queen would enter the Bibliotek." He gets up from his chair and kisses Perla on the cheek. He then bows down to me.

"Oh, you don't need to do that. I just wanted to read some books." I reply while he remains bowed down. He raises his head in uncertainty when Perla whispers some words in his ear. He murmurs a little 'Ah!' and turns to me.

"So, Your Majesty, you are looking to learn about the locations of Manelysse. Please, follow me." He guides me to one of the shelves in the design of a wave-like all the others. After a few strokes on his bald head, he hands me a thick brown book which says- 'The Provinces of Manelysse'.

I take the book and seat myself on a chair. Perla and the librarian leave me and my cat alone and walk away. I stay there and open the first page of the book. And keep reading till I reach the end.

*

I sigh in awe as I turn the last page of the book. Manelysse is a weird place. It felt like I was reading a history book but in this history, I am ruling the world along with my sisters. I go up to Perla who had been talking to the librarian all this time and thank them.

Perla accompanies me to my chamber and asks me if I want any food. "Do you have any cake? A small one?"

She smiles and asks, "Which kind, Your Majesty?"

"Blueberry would be great," I answer, and as she is going, I stop her. "Also, Caroline is fine. You don't need to call me 'Your Majesty' or something." Perla looks at me with astonishment but nods in response and then goes away.