CH-7 THE BETRAYAL (PART-1)

"About 500 years ago, humans who wanted to get away from their own world, entered a portal, which is what you did, and settled on this land. There were slaves,-" Alyssa nods her head to me. "rich and poor, all kinds of men and women."

"It is important to know that these humans did not come to conquer but to acquire peace that they could not get in their land. Manelysse, at that time, was not ruled by anybody, after the disappearance of the Black Omen and the Iridis Queen."

"Who are they?" I interrupt her.

Her eyes instantly turn cold. "The Black Omen was the personification and spirit of Night itself. He created my kind with his own bare hands. That was the amount of power he beheld. On the other side was his sister- the Iridis Queen, the spirit of the rainbow. She was opposite to her brother, but they had a bond as special as no other. But, one day they were just gone." An expression of sadness finds a place on her face.

"But when the humans came, four ancient spirits met with them. These were the elements. While they did not rule Manelysse, most worshipped them, even at the time of the reign of the Night and the Rainbow. These spirits mated with the humans and gave birth to four clans of the elements- Clan Oceania for water, Clan Storm for air, Clan Inferno for fire, and Clan Harenae for the earth." She explains.

"And let me guess, these are the most powerful families in Manelysse?" I ask her with a sarcastic tone.

She smiles a little and nods. "Yes, the head of these Clans are the Dukes and Duchesses of their countries. The branches of the ancient spirits- the lesser spirits, also, with the humans gave birth to other families that rule different provinces under these clans.

"So, four rulers were assigned to the country. All of them were the firstborn of their human and spirit parents. They were made the Queens and Kings of the world." She finishes.

"And now we are here, with a major problem at our hands," Her face instantly darkens. "five years ago, Duchess Alaena Oceania-Storm was chosen as the Air Queen by the spirits, after her mother's death. Mind it, nobody is heir to this title. Only after the death of the first ruler is the second ruler chosen. This was just after another battle had ended. So she, along with her Mistress of Magic planned to restore Manelysse." The Mistress of Magic. That girl in my dream.

When she sees our confused faces, she explains, "The Mistress or Master of Magic is the protector of the rulers. They are descended from the spirits of sorcery, and while the elemental rulers are mostly from the clans, the Mistress of Magic can be found anywhere. This so happened to be Queen Alaena's best friend- Lady Angelica."

All of us widen our eyes. Alyssa notices them and worriedly asks, "What is wrong?"

I decided to ask her a question just to confirm, "Does this Angelica has violet eyes, black-purple hair, and can control emotions?" I finish that sentence by looking at Rachel.

Alyssa, being understandably shocked asks, "How do you know that?"

"Cause we met her at the airport!" Phoebe shouts out of nowhere, remembering the conversation we had with her. "I knew there was something wrong with that girl. She just made me so angry!" She shouts again. So Phoebe had also felt something around her.

Alyssa's eyes blink hard and she says, "This means that Angelica had gone outside Queen Manelysse without the blessing...I have to inform Queen Alaena about this."

I suddenly come to a realization and turn to Alyssa. "Isn't she the one who sent the trolls?"

Alyssa nods and continues, "Both of them were married to the two Storm brothers- Alaena to Adamm Storm, the Duke of Sky Palace, and Angelica to his brother, Jacob. One day, the two brothers had gone to the mountains for a stroll. Adamm told him later that he had heard something in the woods, so he and his brother went deep inside the mountains. As they walked, out of nowhere, an arrow was shot through Jacob's heart."

"It was later found out that some rebels shot that arrow, but it was meant for the Duke, not for his brother. When Angelica heard about this, after one day of mourning, she hunted those rebels down one by one, but that did not stop her anger. Hearing that Adamm led them to the woods, she did something unspeakable."

I know what's coming. I had seen it in my dream. The scene with Angelica and the Queen comes back to me.

All of us immediately stop when she says, "She killed Adamm. The same way Jacob was killed. An arrow through his chest. Queen Alaena witnessed this, but it happened so quick, that even with her divine powers, could not stop it. Angelica had killed her closest friend's husband."

*

Hope you liked this part! Caroline had seen a girl with purple eyes in her dreams. Is it still a dream or a reality? What are the sisters going to do next in order to reach their destiny? Read the next part to find out, which will be coming out soon.

Vote. Comment. Follow.

Just three easy steps. (I won't mind if you only do one of them....or two...or..okay, you get it.)

I would love to get to know your opinions down below in the comments. Please, go ahead and criticize me (not sarcastic) it really helps me improve my writing skills.

Thanks for reading!