CH-8 THE HEIR (PART-2)

The servant exits the room. Alyssa tucks in her wings, which were out earlier. "We can talk about this later. Right now, change. And don't forget to take a cloak. For some reason, it is considered rude here if you do not wear one." She orders us.

Everybody stays silent and heads to the closet which contains an end number of choices. I pick out a cobalt dress and a midnight blue cloak to wear.

We all change one by one in the changing room. Rachel stands next to Alyssa, adjusting her magenta cloak, and then knocks on the door. "C'mon Pheebs. We are gonna be late."

Phoebe finally comes out with a golden pin in her air and her bright orange dress falling to her feet, matching the dazzling golden cloak.

"You're not gonna change?" She analyses Alyssa's short black dress.

Alyssa spreads her wings and replies, "I don't think there are many options."

Phoebe shakes her head and turns to the door but there is already someone standing near it- Jemime. She looks Phoebe up and down. "Someone is overdressed." She mocks her.

Phoebe glares at her and smiles. "Someone needs a designer."

Jemime moves her cloak and just shows off the white hilt of her sword. "As long as I have my blacksmiths, I am fine."

Phoebe's smile vanishes and she asks, "What are you doing here?"

" 'What are you doing here, my lady?' You need to learn something from your sister." Jemime corrects her and glances towards me. "I am here to personally escort you to the dining hall. I hope all of you are ready." All of us, except Phoebe, nod and follow her as she steps out of the room. Phoebe simply exits the room, ignoring Jemime.

As we are walking, I whisper to Alyssa, "Why are they asking us to eat with them?"

Alyssa replies, "To negotiate. Lord Makonus is a trader. There is no reason for us to dine with his family unless they want something or refuse in this case."

I notice the parchment in Alyssa's hand, that she had later taken back. "Can I see that?" I ask her.

Alyssa hesitates a little but I assure her, "I won't tell anyone. I just want to take a look at these requests." Alyssa hands me the silver paper.

On one side is written something about Alyssa and her duties that she had told the guards about. So, I turn the page on its other side.

I look at the beautiful handwriting on the paper. It reads-

"I, Air Queen Alaena of Clans Oceania and Storm, Lady of Mist, Mistress of Winds and Empress of the Sky, is saddened to announce that Former Mistress of Magic- Lady Angelica has started a rebellion against the rule of elements. She has been using dangerous and vile methods to enforce her rule in Manelysse. She has proclaimed herself as the Empress of Manelysse. All the lords and ladies need to unite in this time of terror."

"Lord Makonus of the Cloud Port, I ask you to do your part if a battle may occur. I ask for your esteemed Cloud Ships to help us in the battle. I request you to give us as many as you can afford. I also ask for your wife- Lady Reyne Letyo-Makonus to urge her mother, Lady Jocasta Letyo of the Flying City, to send us her Wind Warriors who are known for their bravery and talent in aerial combat to fight the false Empress."

"I hope you obligate to those requests because the war is truly here."

A symbol that looks like it represents Air, is stamped as a sign. "There is no specification," I tell Alyssa quietly.

"What do you mean?" She asks, in confusion.

I start to explain, "Nobody is going to listen to you if you straight up ask them to give all of their weapons. You need to specify how many ships you need, how many warriors are to be used. Whoever wrote this doesn't understand a single thing about persuasion."