CH-5 THE ATTACK (PART-1)

Thankfully, we do not land in a dark abyss where our skin melts off our bones. 

We are surrounded by an array of multi-coloured shrubs and trees. Each leaf is of a different shade. The shrub next to me is a cloudy grey complemented by a rosy pink, and a midnight blue clashing against swirls of scarlet. Some trees shine in amber and violet while others are marbled with tangerine and lime green. It seems like an intricate rainbow tapestry woven with a scent of mysticism.

 I notice my ginger cat chasing a yellow butterfly, leaping with her furry paws trying to trap the winged creature between her claws. Phoebe grins as she examines the forest, and Rachel's eyes sparkle in disbelief at the beautiful sight.

"This is not half bad." Phoebe proclaims.

"I actually kinda like it," Rachel says while smiling.

"Let's walk for a while," Phoebe tells us.

"Wait. Doesn't it seem weird? It isn't dangerous at all." I say suspiciously. There are no dangerous beasts or snares to trap us. At least, at first glance.

Phoebe turns to me. "Do you want it to be dangerous? I can hit you if you want."

I roll my eyes and look at Rachel. "It's fine, Carry." She assures me.

I still doubt that it's 'fine' but I just say, "Remember these blue pillar type things so that we don't lose our way." I point to the large structures standing behind us. Phoebe ignores me and moves forward. Rachel nods and follows Phoebe. I sigh and walk after them as well.

We just search around for a while when we come across a beautiful meadow full of coral and maroon orchids and flowers. That's pretty weird, there's just a random clearing in the middle of a forest.

Rachel agrees with me and says, "I don't think this part of the land belongs here."

"Who freaking cares? What I do care about is that cool orange thing in the sky." Phoebe points to it.

"Um, there is nothing there," I tell her.

Phoebe keeps her eye on the sky. "Yes, there is! Are you going blind Caroline?"

She looks to Rachel, who shrugs and says, "I honestly don't know what you are talking about."

"Quit it already! You see it, it's coming to us." I am about to tell her no again but then I see an orange speck which is slowly getting bigger and bigger.

"I can't believe you are right! Let's move back a little." I warn them. Rachel notices it too and takes a step backward with me.

"Phoebe!" Rachel shouts at her who is still looking at the sky. It's like she is hypnotized by that light. The light comes closer and closer and closer...

"It's a phoenix," I say out loud. It reaches Phoebe but it instantly thrusts and spreads its bright magnificent wings in the sky. The light they emit is so bright that it is sure to burn our eyes. So, Rachel and I look away but Phoebe stares at it in amazement.

It leaves behind a line of black smoke that lingers in the air for just a moment before disappearing. Phoebe turns to us, her eyes full of light, and exclaims, "That was fabulous! For the first time Caroline, you have made the right decision in your life by making us come here."

"You didn't burn. A freaking phoenix came at you and you don't have a single burn mark on you. How?" I ask her.

Stupid of me to ask though, cause she just replies, "Probably because I'm not wimps like you two." She laughs off and heads ahead.

I know for a fact, that is not the explanation. The word 'special' keeps ringing in my mind. Also, we just saw a phoenix on this strange land. Clearly, magic exists here.