CH-6 THE WINGS (PART-1)

"Release them." The fairy orders the trolls.

The trolls pick up their weapons and the troll with the knife bares his teeth at her and snarls, "We don't take orders from your filthy kind."

The fairy keeps a stern face and tells them, "By the order of Queen Alaena, release the humans."

"There is only one true ruler of Manelysse, you overgrown bat. And it's not your flying hag." The troll cracks his whip to make her scared. She doesn't even blink an eye.

"I'd love to have those wings on my wall." The one with the curved blade taunts and runs at her. It doesn't take one second for the fairy to cast a spell on him, but the thing that comes out of the wand isn't bright, it's black. Pure darkness surrounds the troll and he's forced to fall on his back. He's dead, she had killed him.

The other two don't attack, they instead turn to us. One grabs Phoebe and drags her on the ground, not noticing that she is not tied down.

This time I don't run away, but I take the dagger and creep up behind Phoebe who is ready to shout at me. I gesture her to stay quiet, as I lift the dagger up and slice the troll's back.

He falls to the ground and tries to reach for his whip but Phoebe is already on it. She takes the whip and stands over him and cracks it. "Told ya I'll beat the hell out of you." She keeps hitting and hitting and hitting. I can see such anger and madness in her amber eyes.

"Phoebe!" I call to her. I point to the still troll on the ground. She has killed him, correction, we have killed him. The troll has bled from the wound on his back and the scars of the whip had just made it worse.

We both stare at each other, there is not one sign of regret on her face. She turns away and walks forward. I look around and see the last troll taking away Rachel with the knife at her back. But before I even take a step, I notice the fairy spreading her black wings and casting a shadow on the troll.

She takes her wand and points at him. The fairy releases a puff of black smoke entwining a silvery substance and casts it on the troll.

The troll instantly falls, his skin turning black. Another one dead.

She flies back down and lifts her hand up, gesturing us to come to her. All of us slowly walk towards her. She can see the faces of fear and instantly retreats her wings. The fairy stares at us and asks, "Now, tell me, what are the children of lords and ladies doing in the Wild Ostium?"

*

Coco finally appears after all the fighting is done. She comes to me but instead of picking her up, I hide her behind my legs. I still don't know if this fairy person is dangerous or not. And I'm not putting my cat in danger under any circumstances.

The fairy notices this action and says, "Do not worry. I'm not going to harm an innocent animal." Coco sits next to me and starts rubbing herself against my foot. The fairy smiles, her black eyes glinting with silver.

"The what?" Rachel asks her regarding her previous statement.

"The Wild Ostium." The fairy repeats herself, "Especially during these times, when the Mistress's guards are all around. It is dangerous for anyone, even more so for the daughters of nobles who can be taken and used to threaten them, to be away from their homes."

"We are not daughters of some nobles, we aren't even from here," I tell her.

The fairy looks at us suspiciously and says, "You're too humanly to be spirits. And I can tell by your appearance that you come from the Stream Isle." She points to me. "You are from the Land of Lights and you are from Thorn Island." She says to Phoebe and Rachel respectively.

I try to explain to her, "No, we are not from this world. The places you said do not make sense to us. We are from some other world."

Her eyes widen. "You're not from Manelysse? You are outsiders?"

Manelysse, the place that I had heard in my dream. I nod and reply, "Yes, we are not from Manelysse."

She looks closely. "Tell me your names."

All of us stay quiet. Finally, Rachel opens her mouth. "We appreciate you saving us but after the trolls..."

Phoebe looks at the fairy and says, "Basically, we don't trust you. Also, you do look like a person who's gonna kill us." Rachel and I turn to her. But she ignores us and keeps her head high.

The fairy, however, doesn't look surprised. "This is not the first time someone has thought me to be...wicked. But you're in the presence of Fairy Alyssa, protector of Manelysse and serving under the command of the Empress of Sky. You can trust me. I can help you get out of this situation."

I initially think about running away but that's not gonna help us. We don't know what other things are in this Ostium. Before I can say anything, Rachel does what I am about to do, "I'm Rachel Skye, these are my sisters – that's Phoebe and Caroline. We came from a mirror in our room when we were in Paris."

Phoebe throws her hands up in the air and says, "Great, another person who can kill us."

"I am not going to harm you." Alyssa objects, a little harshly.

She thinks for a while and then says, "It seems like you are not lying after all. You must have come from a portal. Only one time has that happened. And after that, not one other ruler has been...."

She instantly stops and says, "Lead me to the portal or wherever you entered Manelysse from. With me in the forest, you'll be safer."

'Safer' not safe. Even with powers so strong, she could not protect us from everything in this forest.

*

Hope you liked this part of the chapter. What do you think about this fairy with dark powers? Is she truly good or is she just as bad as the trolls? Read more if you want to find out what happens next.

Vote. Comment. Follow.

Just three easy steps. (I won't mind if you only do one of them....or two...or..okay, you get it.)

Thanks for reading!