CH-18 THE AMBER BEAST (PART-2)

-----------

RACHEL

*

"You're taking Coco with you?" Rachel asks her sister whose indigo eyes shine bright on her pale face. Her silver-blonde locks are covered under a sapphire hood. A black belt is wrapped around her dress of the same colour as her cloak, with both of the amethysts daggers hidden underneath her cloak with Coco at her side. The deep scar on her cheek is visible with the hood barely covering it. Caroline had never told her where it came from. Maybe because she was never brave enough to ask.

Caroline raises both of her eyebrows. "Duh! You think I am going to leave her here with a lion outside? No, thank you." Rachel quietly laughs. The stars shimmer brightly outside in the dark. There are only blue flames lit above them on the chandelier, similar to Rachel's room except hers is green. They had been planning for this the whole evening.

"Ok, you got everything?" Rachel confirms. Caroline nods and shows the four cubes of ice she had asked from Perla to' practice' her powers. Rachel notices her keeping a dark green book back on the night table. She takes a glance at it and reads- 'Twisted Tales of Elements'.

"Let's go," her sister urges.

Both of them move out of the room. The hallway is absolutely empty and even a drop of feather could disrupt this silence. Unfortunately, Rachel was going to make much more noise than a feather. She tightly hugs Caroline who affectionately returns the gesture. "Stay safe." Then Rachel lets out the most blood-curdling scream one could think of. "Help! Help! Help!" She shouts as Caroline runs away and disappears down the hall.

Rachel is soon gathered around by her chestnut-eyed handmaiden, Kamini, Perla, and other spirits. "Your Majesty, what happened?" Kamini urgently questions her.

Rachel tries her best to shake as furiously as possible. "I...I saw a purple light outside...It almost blinded me...I...I-" she stops herself as soon as she sees Alyssa walking towards her with her wings of darkness.

"What is wrong, Rachel? Are you fine?" The fairy holds onto Rachel's arm.

She gulps and answers, "I saw...a purple light. I was looking outside the window and...I don't know. I don't know!"

Alyssa looks around her. "Your chamber is on the other side of the Palace. What are you doing here?"

Rachel nervously stutters, "I don't remember. It all happened...so fast. I don't remember anything."

Her friend settles her eyes on the dark blue door near where they are standing. "Rachel, where is Caroline?"

Rachel takes in a deep breath. Hopefully somewhere safe.

-----------

My pale hand is tinted blue as I grip the ice, careful not to crush it. It feels cold yet comfortable. Like a cool shower after a sunny day. Except nothing is sunny about tonight.

I quietly walk towards the backyard, expecting to find some guards standing near the exit. I had let my cat go to the river by herself. She knows the direction better than I do. I make as little noise as possible, barely able to see anything. Suddenly, I hear a crack of a branch.

With a grip on the sapphire hilt of the dagger on my right, I stand beside a white pillar.

"The scent of water is strong here," a soft-spoken male voice states.

Suddenly, a hoarse female voice says, "Let me inspect," I slightly turn my head around to see an orange mist approaching me with a turquoise mist floating behind it.