CH-7 THE BETRAYAL (PART-2)

All of us take it all in. This was what the silver crowned queen had said.

"Caroline, in your dream, this Angelica escaped. Didn't she?" Rachel confirms.

I nod in answer, and Alyssa, though confused, continues, "Angelica did escape. Queen Alaena still charged her with exile. So, she stayed in her homeland."

"What we didn't know was that all this time, she was convincing lords of the Land of Lights to rebel. Not only to rebel but to proclaim herself as the Empress of Manelysse. And now we are here, fighting against her." She finally finishes.

Everybody for a while is silent, the only sound we hear is that of Coco purring. Alyssa comes a little closer to me and asks, "How did you know about Angelica?"

I sigh and reply, "There were these dreams I had. That is why we came here, because of those dreams." She doesn't ask any other questions.

We reach a rocky area, with the river flowing calmly. I look at it and just stare at the water, "Can we stop here for a while?" I ask her.

Alyssa nods and very suddenly spreads her wings in the group of white clouds so thick I can barely see them and shoots up. "Listen, I have to check this area as well. I will be back. Do not go anywhere." She warns us and flies away.

I sit on a rock nearby the river when I hear Rachel. "What are we gonna tell Mom and Aunt ?" I personally don't worry about it that much, Aunt told me herself that I had to learn myself, about what our family is. It'd be weird if she becomes angry at me.

I actually believe that Mom knows about this stuff too. She has been with Dad since they were in school. She has to know. "Aunt Claire already knows somethings. I'm sure she can handle Mom on her own." I reply to her.

I keep staring at the crystal blue water and I just get a similar feeling. The feeling when I was around the mirror. I reach into it and it feels....calming, surprisingly but still in control. While that mirror gave me an unbearable headache, this water reminds me of peace.

I remember those memories suddenly. The memories of us there in the lone night, sitting on the sand with the waves touching my feet, with Coco on my lap. Rachel, Phoebe, and Mom had already gone home, as usual. Just Dad and I, simply smiling at the sea.

I instantly open my eyes and step into the water. It's knee-deep, barely touching my dress. From somewhere Rachel asks, "Caroline, what are you doing?" I don't answer her. I don't care enough to answer her.

Then suddenly, I see darkness over me, landing on one of the rocks. Alyssa is standing there, with her speckled wand out. Her black wings covering the sight of my sisters. I come out of the water and slip into my boots.

"What is it?" Phoebe asks with annoyance.

Alyssa's mouth is agape, "She destroyed a village and its people. You have to come with me." She lifts a hand to point us in the direction, but her hand is bleeding.

"What the hell is that?" Phoebe asks while moving backward.

The color of her blood.....it's black. I mean it shouldn't be a surprise, her powers, her look...everything is dark. Alyssa puts her hand on the wound and says, "Never mind that. You have to-"

Rachel takes her hand and carefully looks at it. "Alyssa, this looks really bad. I don't know how the fairy body works exactly but the bleeding has to be stopped otherwise you are going to get an infection." Before Alyssa can say anything, Rachel drags her to the river, where Coco is, lapping up water.

Rach looks around for a bit, she then looks down at a white stick, next to Coco, which is hollow from one side and picks it up,  and then fills the stick with water from the river. She pours it onto Alyssa's arm. The black blood spills down on the rocks. She then takes off her thin green shrug, tears the sleeve a little, and ties the torn part of the cloth on the wound.