CH-15 THE LETTER (PART-1)

I am guided to a grand blue corridor with doors of different shades. My sisters have gone to their own corridors after the coronation. I grip the two daggers in my hand.

"Which room do you choose?" Alyssa who had asked to accompany me, asks from the back.

"You are telling me, all of these rooms are mine?" My eyes grow wide.

"You are a Queen." Alyssa gives a simple smile.

I point to a door where a pattern of beautiful waves is painted. We enter it and I am surprised to find it very similar to my room in Paris. Except it is a hundred times larger.

I instantly take off the crown and keep it on the table along with the daggers. The coldness that the amethyst exerts still leaves a trace behind on my hand.

"This is weird," I tell Alyssa as she and I settle ourselves on the chairs near the bed where Coco has already laid down.

"You have acquired new powers. Of course, they are going to feel unusual. I remember when I was ten and I spoke my first spell." She assures me.

"It's not that. Queens, kings...that's not the correct way to rule. It is not fair for four people to have the most power in the world. I get that Manelysse is different but still..." I start messing with my hair.

Alyssa sighs. "Caroline, these powers are granted to those who deserve it. Our world functions on the power of spirits. First, it was the Night and the Rainbow. Now, we live under the Rule of Elements. Manelysse has always been a world of spirits. Maybe, someday it will change. But, right now, what matters is that you, Queen Alaena and your sisters are the rulers of our world. And you have an enemy who is trying to destroy it."

"Have you ever met her? Angelica?" I ask her out of nowhere.

"Twice or thrice. Six months before the murder of Queen Alaena's husband, Adamm. Most days she would stay in her homeland in Castle Draconis. And when she would be in Palace of Beauty, she used to lock herself in her dead husband's chamber." She answers.

"How was she?" 

"Estranged but gentle. It was a surprise to all of us when she did the things she did. I always found her to be saddened by Jacob Storm's death but never...angry." Alyssa's eyes settle on the blue floor.

"I still have a hard time getting this whole thing." I plop down on the bed.

"Maybe this will help you understand," Alyssa hands me the silver book. I sway my hand over it carefully. "All of you have one day to rest. You will have to train, speak with the spirits, and plan for Mistress Angelica from tomorrow. Queen Alaena and the Council will tell you everything. But today, you can do what you want. I will be taking my leave. If you need anything, just ring the bell on the table." She points to the blue bell and exits the room.

I sigh and open the big walk-in closet to the right of the bed. I change into a simple light dress and get under the covers with the book in my hand.

"Let's see if you are any less scary,"

*

"Let us take a deeper look into the mortal parents of the Elemental Rulers. We shall start with the man who had made the journey to Manelysse possible for his fellow humans- Captain Kalm Vann. He had been born in the region of Swaine. In his own words, he described his life as a seafarer enjoyable yet difficult. However, his reason for leaving his homeland was the rebellions that took place there. He explained them as bloody and brutal. So, at a young age, he found himself taking on a journey through the seas. In due time, he met the future bride of Air- Asteria Zephyrine, who was quite sweet and intelligent. Being an orphan and a female (women were treated terribly during her time in the mortals' world) she wished to escape and pursue the study of stars. She came from the land of Greece which she had described as the region of the greatest minds. Both became great friends and eventually found another companion, Abara Orus. Lord Orus had lived a tragic life as a slave to some landowners in Egypt. He is still known for his bravery and courage to free the slaves of the land he worked at. Thanks to him, many more travellers boarded the ship that would soon be given the name 'Elementa' after Lady Nazoor joined the others. It is quite unclear if Lady Nazoor Ahmed was a princess or a noble. All we know is that she came from a rich family in a large piece of land called Persia and desired to be a healer, which she later succeeded in during and after her journey. We are not aware of the details of their meetings and interactions besides the few glimpses given in their own words, and we will not be wasting our time on speculations in this book."