Ch-19 THE VIOLET WAVE (PART-2)

"Phoebe, go! Now!" I distantly hear Alaena shout as she moves her staff around, creating large clouds around us that prevent any of the spirits from entering our vicinity. And while most of them are trying, some are scurrying around, attempting to exit the room.

Suddenly, I hear Angelica's wolves howl, deafening my ears. But they are not the ones who I am worried about. What worries me is the searing screech of the dragon.

"Caroline, come!" Alaena grabs my hand, hiding us under the clouds and crushing the wave. I feel less blood rushing to my body and take in sharp breaths as veins pop out my arms. I make sure Coco is with me and then instantly remember something.

"Alaena, the troll! We have to go there." My broken voice cracks as we run out of the chamber.

"You are very weak right now. If we do not get out of here, you will get injured further," she quickly tells me.

"We have to do something. Alaena, please," I insist. 

She takes her staff and stamps an insignia of a cloud on the ceiling and draws an arrow next to it. When we finally get out of the castle, we meet a spirit under a black cloak, its face not even visible. I try to turn away from it but Alaena holds onto me. "Descends!" She exclaims to the spirit, who instantly runs away.

I have no time to question her as I realise that my nose has started bleeding. Almost about to fall off, I just shut up and go wherever she drags me. I notice a vague white figure flying above. As soon as it lands, Alaena lifts me up and before I know it, we are in the red sky.

My head spins as I feel the soft caress of Nebesia under me. I feel the slick blue blood all over my arms and hands. "Wh...What is this?" My throat barely bears the stabbing pain.

"You used the blood in your veins to conjure the waves. Your body was dehydrated, so you had to resort to using your own water instead of the vapours around you. That is why we are taught to train our powers, so these kinds of instances don't happen." She explains as Coco crawls up on me, rolling into an orange ball.

"Now what?" I ask while out of breath.

"We have to find where Phoebe is. She must be-" Alaena is interrupted by a loud screech. A blurry black figure flies above us. The air around me starts to get hotter.

Alaena starts to follow the dragon. Phoebe takes one glance at us and slows down. With her bow and arrow in her hand, she shouts, "Where?"

Alaena points to the red grass field near Castle Draconis. "Right in the middle. You have only one shot."

My sister nods and pulls back her arrow, whose tip shines like daylight. After a moment of silence, Phoebe shoots the arrow and chaos erupts.

The sunstone is engulfed by bright yellow flames laced with black smoke. The dragon's screeches clash against the blazing fire it breathes. An invisible wave of heat hits the land, a sense of warmth touches my ear. The Fire Queen's power is impossible to avoid.

"It is time to leave, Nebesia." Alaena pats the pegasus as it neighs and spreads its majestic wings, trailing behind the black and amber beast.

And so we fly away, Fire, Air, and Water twirling in the fiery wind. Together.

-----------

RACHEL

*

"Are you ready, Your Majesty?" Mistress Ferrine asks her. Rachel slightly nods and exits her grand room. Its dark green walls with bronze insignia shine against the daylight.

She had just finished her training with Ingozi and Alyssa, both of whom had a worrying look on their face the whole time. She has changed into a chestnut brown dress, an olive cloak tied around her neck with a lion's face placed in the center. Her hair has been left open with a pink rose adorning the top of her ear and the bronze crown placed atop.