CH-8 THE HEIR (PART-1)

The gates themselves are pretty simple- white, but it's the inside that's amazing. While we're heading to what Alyssa keeps saying is 'the seat', I notice the painting of clouds on the walls. They're not that complex but it's elegant.

"Now carefully listen, Lord Makonus is not someone you want be shouting at," She glances at Phoebe who just snorts. Alyssa just continues, "If you have some questions, ask them respectfully. He is responsible for all the travel in the Sky Palace if he doesn't agree on anything with us...It is not going to be a good situation. And beware of his heir."

Except for Phoebe, we nod to her but our older sister just says, "Yeah, Yeah. Whatever." And continues walking.

Alyssa surprisingly grabs her hand and warns her, "This is not some game. We have an actual war on our hands, and I'm not going to make this even worse for my Queen just because someone could not be a little polite. If I have decided to help you, that means you have to work with me as well."

 Phoebe pulls away from her hand and says, "We'll see." Those amber eyes clash with the silver glint of Alyssa's. It only breaks when Phoebe turns away.

"How do you think it's gonna go in there?" Rachel asks me but she already knows the answer.

Still, I reply, "Absolutely terrible."

We finally reach the main room and the design just continues- White clouds with a little bit of silver, but they're painted so beautifully, that I just can't stop looking at it. And suddenly I look at the man sitting on the seat. He has white hair but not old white hair, but as if he's had them since he was born. He's glaring at us with his pale grey-white eyes. He is dressed up in a white velvet garment with a black lightning bolt sign pinned on it.

Next to him, two women are sitting on white chairs. On the left, is a woman who seems to be his wife. She has yellow blonde hair with blue-grey eyes, but unlike the Lord, she is wearing a light blue dress with a white cloak. On the left stands a girl in her 20's with the same blonde hair and pale eyes as her father with a white velvet dress and a blue cloak, and a black lightning bolt necklace around her white skin.

The guard bows and leaves us with the only three people present in the room. Alyssa, after a moment, addresses them, "Lord Makonus, My Ladies." But she doesn't bow, she just nods a little. "Air Queen Alaena has ordered me to come here and meet you in person." Alyssa hands the parchment from earlier to the girl on his left, who gives it to the Lord. While she moves, I see a gleaming sword with a white handle, hidden under her cloak. They have come prepared.

Lord Makonus reads it and hands it over to his wife, whose eyes widen as she is reading. She instantly looks at her husband. He finally speaks up, "Isn't it too much? What Queen Alaena is asking for?" The voice that comes out is soft but commanding.

"Manelysse is under war, my lord. Can't the Queen expect her own provinces to help defeat the person who killed your Duke?" Alyssa asks them, with just the most subtle anger.

His wife lashes out, "Adamm had been like a little brother to me, and I will never forget him, but granting the only boats and ships for war? No, that cannot happen. Even if we win, this will set us back for years. Do you know how much time does it take for the Cloud Ships to form?"

Lord Makonus sighs and turns to his daughter and asks her, "What are you thinking?"

The girl looks at us and replies, "Perhaps unrelated, but what I am thinking is why would the Air Queen send a fairy and three strangers to convince us to grant our Cloud Ships?"

Alyssa stands a little taller. "Just because I am a fairy does not mean that I cannot carry out tasks for the Queen. As for these three, I would like to introduce you to Phoebe, Rachel, and Caroline Skye. They entered our world through a portal."