CH-5 THE ATTACK (PART-2)

We take off. Coco, Phoebe, Rachel and I start running like crazy. Before taking off, I grab the dagger that is pinned on the tree.

Even though I do partake in swimming sometimes, athleticism isn't my strong suit. I notice the trolls behind us not only gaining speed with such short legs but also bouncing off trees and shit.

Rachel, who is running double my speed, sees me struggling and grabs my hand. As she does that, a troll grabs her by the hair and kicks her in the knees, "Rachel!" I shout at her. Despite her screams, the troll holds her down.

Rachel is caught because of me. Cause I can't run that fast. But I've no time to think about that right now.

Phoebe who is a little ahead of me asks, "What are these things?"

"They are trolls," I answer her while running out of breath. As I turn my face forward, I hear the crack of a whip, which is now around Phoebe's neck.

I don't stop, I keep running. I look at the dagger in my hand and argue if I should throw it or not. But before I can, the last troll comes out of nowhere in front of me with a curved blade in his hand. I try to dodge, but before I know it, the blade is around my neck.

I keep the dagger in the pocket of my dress. They're too fast, by the time I'm gonna raise the dagger, I'll be dead.

All of us stand across each other and look into the other sisters' eyes as if asking for help. The troll holding Phoebe, chuckles and says, "Look at their scared little faces. Daughters of some lords and ladies, I'm sure."

The one holding Rachel, now with a knife at her throat, says, "Mistress is going to reward us for these useless children beyond our imagination; We're gonna be rich for days. Don't have to work in the mines no more."

The troll presses his blade on my neck and says, "You try to run, and we'll cut you into pieces. You'll be a great sacrifice to the Empress." I try to keep calm but it is hard to do so when there is a weapon at your throat. I don't see Coco anywhere, so at least she has gone somewhere safe.

All of them laugh loudly at the troll's words. Phoebe's troll nods his head towards her and tells the others. "Maybe spare this one. Look at her, she has one of those Land of Lights eyes. We won't be getting any gold if we kill the children of one of her supporters."

"I say, torture her even more. Hanging out with traitors like these." My troll snorts.

Phoebe's stares the troll in the eyes and snarls back, "You hit me again and I'll beat the hell outta you." Her troll loosens the whip a little and then, without warning, hits her on the back, which causes her to fall down.

"Anyone else wants to give us warnings?" Rachel's troll asks us. Both of us keep silent and just stare at Phoebe, lying on the ground.

After a while, I pluck up the courage to ask them, "Where are you going to take us?"

Phoebe's troll looks at me and replies, "You'll be hostages to the Lady, but if you trouble us, you'll be dirt on the ground."

The trolls have now started walking, turning to the left. "Who is the Mistress?" I ask them.

The troll hits me on the head with the hilt of the blade. "Don't act in front of us. Everybody knows the High Sorceress. Stop asking questions and move."

I hold the pain in and quietly move forward. By now, I've learned that they assume we are the children of some high-born nobles that live on this land, and that this Mistress is some popular person who would like us as prisoners. So I'm speculating that she's not very nice.

After a while, the trolls halt the border of the meadow and a river. They tie us closely around a tree with a black rope and start collecting kindling, to make some fire. "Phoebe, are you fine?" Rachel asks her.

She doesn't say anything and turns to me. "You ran away. You piece of shit."

"I was trying to save everybody. If I attacked them, they would kill me and you." I explain to her. She stares into my eyes as to scare me. She is almost successful.

I turn to Rachel and tell her, "There is a dagger in my pocket. Don't say anything. Just see if you can reach it." Rachel's eyes widen but she puts her hand in my pocket silently, takes the weapon out, and leaves it on the ground.

I get a grasp of the hilt and start cutting the rope. Phoebe sees the dagger in my hand and shakes her head. As if to say "You had a knife but you decided to run." She doesn't understand certain things, this is one of them.

I work on it for a full two minutes but I don't seem to be making any progress. This rope must be made out of some strong material. Then, I notice something in front of me in the bushes.

An orange figure. "Coco. Come here, honey." I whisper to her. She had been following us. Coco slowly walks to us and understands what she has to do.

Both of us cut it, and I notice the fibers coming out of the rope. We are about to cut it whole when I hear laughter coming towards us. Coco hides behind me and I give the dagger to Rachel and tell her to keep it out of their sight. She hides it behind her back.

The trolls lay the kindling on the ground, and one of them touches it with both of his hands, and I see it burning up. He blows it to make a full-fledged flame.

Time passes by, and I just need one second for them to be distracted by something else so that I can cut the rope. It finally happens, when we feel a huge wind blowing out their now already dying fire. The others look up at the sky, however, I quickly take the dagger and cut the rope. But none of my sisters seem to notice.

I look up at the sky as well and see a huge black figure landing. The girl has black wings streaked with silver. She has a black speckled wand in her hand. She is wearing a black dress and has braided brown hair. Her silver-black eyes glaring at the trolls. The girl releases ferocity out of her body

No...Not a girl...A fairy.

*

What do you think is going to happen to Caroline and her sisters now? Is this fairy here to help or to cause even more damage upon them? Be ready for the next chapter that is going to be uploaded soon, and find out what happens next.

Vote. Comment. Follow.

Just three easy steps. (I won't mind if you only do one of them....or two...or..okay, you get it.)

(I would really appreciate some feedback on this story. So kindly comment below what you do and don't like about it.)

Thanks for reading!