CH-10 THE CASTLE OF SKY (PART-2)

Phoebe and Rachel catch up to us with Phoebe holding a wooden torch in her hand. My elder sister looks a little.....calmer or whatever calm is for her. "What'd ya talk about?" I whisper to Rachel, glancing at Phoebe.

"Just told her to think about her powers, and focus on that instead of going after you." She replies."Carry, you need to work with her too. I mean if we do become..... something here, we need to work with each other."

I nod slowly in response. I absolutely hate it when Rachel talks like a mature person because she is good at advising, but she's right. "I'll think about it. What about you? You interested in being a queen?" I ask her as a joke but her emerald eyes darken a little bit when she answers back.

"I don't know. I mean I knew that I was always good at handling medical emergencies and that I loved the forests and everything but I didn't know I had powers. I mean none of us did. But it kinda makes sense, doesn't it?"

"Yeah, a little bit."

"Hey, do you think that Dad was... ?" She asks me with a shaky voice.

I instantly shrug and answer, "I don't know, maybe. We'll see when we meet this Queen."

That thought definitely entered my mind, and it's probably right. Especially when I saw a line of that same tattoo forming on my hand. I take a look at it but the tattoo is gone.

Phoebe is walking next to Alyssa with the flame barely away from her face. "So how do we really use these powers?" She asks the fairy with her eyes on the torch

. "You have to learn to control them. The rulers who contain these powers have to practice every day to learn everything about it. You'd have to too." She explains to us.

"That sounds boring," Phoebe complains.

"Having powers is a gift and a responsibility. Rulers have to harness them to protect Manelysse. If you think that this is hard work, you should see how fairies train." Alyssa tells us as if she feels every single ounce of that training still.

"Why? Do you wing people beat each other or something?" Phoebe asks jokingly.

Alyssa raises her eyebrows at the term 'wing people' but she still answers, "Worse. Traditional training of a fairy starts when she grows her wings, which is about at five to six years of age. First, we are pushed out from a certain height. If the fairy flies, then her mother or mistress pushes her from a higher rock. It doesn't matter if the fairy breaks her bones or injures herself, she still has to be thrown."

"Fairies can endure more pain than spirits and humans but still as they grow up, they have to go through more flight and combat lessons. And whenever we do something wrong, we get beaten up and left alone until we are healed by ourselves. It's the most brutal training in Manelysse."

"That sounds hard." Rachel comments. Alyssa presses her lips together and nods.

"So... are we stopping anywhere now?" I ask her, diverting from the subject.

"No, absolutely not. As Lady Jemime said, we have to head straight to Castle de Siel. We cannot camp anywhere but if you want to take some minutes to rest yourself, then tell me." Alyssa tells us.

"We are going to a place called Sky Castle?" Phoebe asks.

Alyssa raises her eyebrows in shock and asks, "You speak the Language of Fire?"

Phoebe makes a confused face and replies, "If that's what you call French, then yeah."

"Wait, Language of Fire? There are special languages assigned to the elements?" I ask her.