My Response

I would dance with you to any song as long as it is one you like, especially in the moonlight. I would embrace you as if I planned to never let you go.
I would join you for however long we can. Even if it is not forever, I know the memory of you would last an eternity. And even if those memories are tinged with sadness or joy or even both, I will treasure them, because they are ours. It will always make me smile to have known you.
So yes, let us dance, and I will hold on to the hope that I will never have to let you go.
I'll treasure every moment, every silence and every laugh. I'll try, for the life of me, to remember every word, but I will forget. Yet, those words will be in my heart all the same. I'll treasure every second of my fingers running through your hair. My fingers against your head, the most tender touch of care.
And if you'd let me, I would touch you, hold you, care for you, dote on you in ways I would with no other. I'll be there for you as you would for me even during the latest nights.
I dream of the comfort and familiarity of your touch, where we could hold each other in bed and be content.
Let love capture our hearts entirely, enveloping us in its promise. Let our love not be only emotion but the work that goes with it, because I know that this is worth every ounce of effort.
And no matter what binds us, whether to each other or whatever else, let us grow together and always closer, so that no matter what fate brings we will always have one another.

(A letter I was brave enough to send, for once)