Chapter 6

Rex and Ahsoka rushed to the palace, not even caring about the many troops still patrolling the area. The massive doors slammed open as they entered, revealing the exact opposite of what the two had expected to find. Bo Katan. She was standing below her throne, staring sadly up at the mural of her late sister. Ahsoka couldn't sense any anger from the Mandalorian. Only pain and deep, deep sadness.

"I promised her I would protect Mandalore. Even after she was gone. Even if it took me being the ruler." She said, her voice wavering slightly as she continued to stare at the painting. Rex looked at Ahsoka, his eyes filled with sorrow, but determination and courage too. They gave each other a nod, a silent agreement, and both approached their leader.

"Bo." Ahsoka whispered, placing a hand on her shoulder. She felt it sink as her hand settled there. "Please." She started, cutting her off before she could continue. "Don't say your sorry or ask how this could happen. And please don't ask what I'm going to do next, because I don't know. Too many people have already asked of me all these things, including myself." She sighed. Ahsoka shook her head. "No, Bo. I was going to ask what are we going to do." She gave Bo Katan a small smile as she stared at her. The doors opened again as the rest of the clan entered the room. "Bo." Rex spoke up, placing his hand on her other shoulder. "We are all in this together. Fighting for you and with you until the end. And for Mandalore." He said confidently, projecting his voice out to the group. The clan let out a cheer, an echo of agreements and determined shouts.

Bo Katan looked at her clan, a small smile spreading across her face. She straightened up and turned to the group. Ahsoka stood proudly beside her as she spoke. "Mandalore will not fall into the hands of the Empire! It will live on, as it has for generations apon generations! We will survive! And we will fight!" She shouted, causing an eruption of applause and excited shouts to reverberate around the large room. It made Ahsoka's montrals ring slightly, but she didn't mind one bit.

~•~

The next few days were busy with planning, but otherwise quiet. The Empire, probably too afraid to send more than just their troops down, never came to negotiate or talk with Bo Katan about the situation at hand. The fact that they were now in control of the planet had not affected anyone in the slightest. Nobody believed that the throne could be taken like that and were still strongly convinced that Bo Katan was their rightful ruler.

The clan held a secret warrior induction for a fellow Kryze. More secret then usual due to their unwanted guests. Korkie Kryze was now a Mandalorian warrior alongside his aunty. He still had his fiery spirit and keen mind from so long ago when Ahsoka was there to teach his class. And maybe overthrow a corrupt government while she was at it. Bo Katan was beaming with pride as he made his armor, creating it to match hers. Though, what made both Bo and Ahsoka upset, was that he was taller than the both of them now. Rex had made fast friends with the boy.

"Rex?" Ahsoka's voice echoed into the small shooting range. Rex turned his gaze from his student briefly to acknowledge his jettii. "Here." He called. He could hear her feet shuffle into a jog and she rounded the shooting barrier wall. Rex smiled as she came to stand beside him. "Hey." She whispered, lifting her head slightly to place a kiss on his cheek. He returned her smile, jerking his head as Korkie gagged beside them. "Get a room you two." He scrunched his nose up as he leaned against the divider, blaster in hand. The Mandalorian was eager and in need of some good 'ol target practice. Rex was happy to help train the boy. It brought him back to when he got to train the cadets.

Ahsoka let out a soft snort at Korkie's comment, grabbing the edge of Rex's chest plate and pulling him in for a exaggerated and passionate kiss. Her lips lingered there for a while, while Rex was too stunned to do much more than lean in. Korkie was begging for them to stop before, to his great relief, they pulled away. Both breathing hard, Rex stared at Ahsoka, a slight chuckle leaving his lips. "Woah." He breathed.