Chapter 34

"Ursa!"

Robyn awoke with a start, her breaths coming out in quick pants. A hand landed softly on hers and she looked to her side. Korkie sat there quietly, a gentle smile on his face.

"Hey, are you alright?" He asked calmly. She nodded, looking around the room. "Yeah, just a bad dream."

"About Ursa?"

She nodded again. "I'm worried she's not safe. Why did she have to stay behind?"

Korkie gave her a sympathetic look. "Aunty Bo Katan said she wouldn't leave, that she would stay no matter what. There was no convincing her. We tried." He said quietly.

Robyn nodded. "I figured that was the reason." She paused. "But I didn't get to say goodbye." Her voice wavered slightly. Korkie smiled softly. "Aunty Bo Katan told me Ursa wanted me to give you this."

He stood up and Robyn watched him slightly confused, until he leaned forward, wrapping his arms around Robyn and bringing her in for a hug.

She was startled for a moment, before wrapping her own arms around her friend's shoulders. A small tear slid down her face and Korkie held her tighter.

After a moment, he pulled away, smiling at her fondly. She returned his smile, then remembered something with a slight jolt. "Korkie, what does, "Ni hiibir gar sa ner ad" mean?" She asked.

His eyes went wide for a moment, before he smiled. "It means, "I take you as my daughter." Who said that to you?"

Robyn let out a small sob, that turned into a quiet chuckle. "Ursa did." Korkie's smile only grew. "That is the traditional Mandalorian saying when adopting someone. She took you as her daughter. Unofficially, of course, but I think it still counts." He explained. Robyn nodded with a wide smile.

"I never knew she cared for me that much." She breathed. Korkie smiled. "She does." Robyn let out a breath, a happy sound, before glancing at her surroundings for the first time.

"Where are we?" She asked, a puzzled expression across her face. "Tatooine. With General Kenobi." Korkie answered. Robyn whipped her head to stare at him, instantly regretting it as a horrible ache spiked though her head.

She winced and Korkie took notice. He got up wordlessly and left the room. Moments later he was back with some ice he had wrapped in a cloth.

"Here." He handed the bundle to her and she took it gratefully, pressing it gently to the side of her head. "Thank you." He nodded.

"Where is Obi-Wan now? I'd like to see him again." She whispered sheepishly. Korkie smiled, glancing at the door. She followed his gaze and sucked in a sharp breath when she saw who was standing there.

"Master." She bowed her head respectfully and Obi-Wan walked toward her. "Hello, Robyn. Are you feeling any better?" She shrugged. "A little."

He smiled. "I'm glad to hear it. You were in quite the state when you all first arrived here. It must have been very difficult for you, and I'm sorry." Robyn nodded.

"Thank you."

Obi-Wan gave her a sad smile and Robyn patted the bed beside her. He took a seat next to her.

"I'm sorry about your master. As you know, I was close with both her and Adi." He added solemnly. Robyn looked down at her hands laying on her lap. She could only offer a small nod.

"She didn't deserve it. None of them did." She whispered, wringing her hands together. A sigh sounded above her and she glanced up. It hadn't been the Jedi, nor Korkie. She moved her gaze to the door. Ahsoka stood there with a sad look in her eyes. "Ahsoka." Robyn smiled, a breath of relief leaving her lips.