Chapter 23

Ahsoka and Bo Katan got the boys and Robyn settled in the med lab with the help of Abby and Ursa. The medical droid was not pleased with her newest patients and was even more so displeased when she found out how they had ended up this way. She was upset with the clones, but she took a liking to Robyn, especially when she woke up and started chatting with the droid about her experience with healing. They got along well.

To both Cody's disappointment and relief, Bo Katan couldn't stay for long once they got settled. She was getting Cody's trip planned and everything ready for him.

As for Ahsoka, she never left any of their sides. She sat beside Rex as he fidgeted with the bandages around his hands and face, the two of them listening in on the conversation Robyn was having with Abby. Cody had fallen back asleep on the other side of the room, so the two healers spoke quietly.

"When my master first showed me how to Force heal, it was the most amazing thing I'd ever seen. One of the other Padawans had gotten mad after a duel and I got a punch in the face. Stass placed her hand gently on my cheek closed her eyes, and before I knew it, I couldn't feel the pain anymore."

"I knew right then and there that I wanted to obtain this gift to be able to help as many people as I could." She paused, smiling as she recalled the fond memories of those moments. Abby listened intently, unaware of the couple also listening not far off.

"Do you have to be stronger in the Force than others to heal?" Abby asked. Robyn nodded. "Yes. That's why there weren't many Jedi healers. Not because of how strong they were, but because of where they got the power from. Many Jedi who tried, obtained their power from the Dark Side, leading to horrible circumstances and lots of fallen Jedi." She shivered. "But, my master was a pure Light Side user. She was truly the first to control this power without corruption, and she passed on her knowledge to me."

"I'll admit, I struggled with finding the right source of my power, slipping into Dark Side power on numerous occasions. Those were some of the most terrifying times of my life, when I didn't know how to control it." She said quietly, then continued. "Master Allie never became angry with me and always brought me back. One time, Master Windu found out about my accidents and almost stripped me of my Padawan title, himself being a Dark Side user that still had control over both light and dark."

"Is that why your saber is purple?" Rex cut in. Robyn nodded and pulled out her lightsaber. She relaxed slightly as the familiar hilt rested perfectly in her palm, the gold and silver metal shimmering dimly in the light. "Because of my path as a Jedi healer, just like Master Windu and thanks to Master Allie's guidance, I draw my power from both the Dark Side and the Light Side. Before Stass selected me, my blade was green..." She paused, igniting her saber so that everyone could see.

The purple glow illuminated the room, casting strange shadows across the walls and equipment. She stared at it a moment before continuing. "And when I started my training, it shifted. It was then that Master Windu began to believe and trust in me as much as Stass did. We had the power to control the greatest power that so little could achieve." She disengaged her saber, clipping it back to her belt.

Rex smiled at her proudly. "There was a rumor going around that another Jedi had created a violet blade like Master Windu, but we never knew who it was." Ahsoka said, a excited curiousness to her voice. Robyn frowned. "That's because Master Windu didn't want anyone to know that someone else had a lightsaber like his. He was secretly very selfish."

"Secretly?" A voice spoke up from across the room. The group was surprised to see Cody sitting up on his bed and talking, but even more so that it was him speaking out about a General. Robyn stared at him a moment before laughing. "It wasn't that secret, was it?" They all collectively shook their heads, causing the girl to laugh more.