Chapter 20

Rex turned his attention back to Ahsoka. "'Soka, do you remember Robyn Melana?" He asked. Ahsoka let out a gasp. "Is that who it is?" She asked excitedly. "Hi Ahsoka." Robyn said cautiously. "Robyn, I'm so glad you're okay!" Ahsoka breathed. Rex's smile grew. "I know how you must feel right now, leaving with a clone and away from what you had just gotten used to. But please, even if you decide you don't want to stay, I would love to see you. I know we don't know each other that well, but it makes me so happy to hear another familiar voice of my family I thought was lost. I think we also have a lot to talk about." She said enthusiastically, but sadness dripped from her words.

Robyn and Rex shared a look and she nodded. "I'll come, thank you, Ahsoka." She answered quietly. "No, thank you. I look forward to seeing you again. You as well, Cyare." Ahsoka said. Rex smiled, said a quick goodbye and cut the connection. Robyn looked at him. "What does Cyare mean?" She asked. Rex chuckled. "You'll find out soon enough." He gave her a pat on the back and they stood.

"Now, you ready to go?" She nodded.

"Alright."

~•~

The two boarded the Tano after filling it up with feul and were in the air not long after. Robyn sat next to Rex in the co-pilot's seat and turned to him. "So, I told you stuff about me, now tell me about you." She said patiently. Rex laughed. "Ok, um..." He paused as he thought. "I was a captain in the GAR. My battalion was the 501st under Jedi General Anakin Skywalker and Padawan Ahsoka Tano until her framing and expelling. I fought in the first Battle of Geonosis all the way to the Seige of Mandalore."

Robyn was gaping at him as he talked. "You're that Rex?!" She exclaimed. "That Rex?" He responded, baffled. She scoffed. "You're famous, you know that, right?" She said with a chuckle. He laughed. "Maybe I do." She rolled her eyes, making him laugh more. "Ok, ok, so you managed to escape the Empire and joined the Mandalorians with Ahsoka and now..." She trailed of, raising an eyebrow at him.

He blushed. "And now I'm done talking." She gave a soft snort and did something Rex never thought possible. She pushed a wave of annoyance at him through the Force, and he felt her emotions. He turned to her with a jump. "How did you do that?!" He asked, amazed. She shrugged. "I don't know, it's just been something I've always been able to do. Well, ever since my master taught me how, I suppose." She explained sadly.

Rex nodded, still baffled. The feeling was weird, like he was feeling her own emotions but fainter and not completely a part of him. It felt foreign, like it was far away, but right in him. He couldn't figure it out. "I've never known any Jedi who could do that." He commented. She gave him a sad smile.

"Ya, me and my master were some of the only ones who could communicate and transfer feelings and emotion to non Force users. It came with learning to Force heal. My master was amazing at it. She taught me everything she knew." Her eyes started to well up again and she turned away. Rex could just faintly feel her sadness.

"She sounds like one of the good ones." Rex spoke up, attempting to ease her grief. She looked back at him, a tiny tear tracing down her cheek. "One of the good ones?" She asked, swiping the tear away. He nodded. "Yeah, no offense, but some of you Jedi were real osi --" He paused, remembering he was in the presence of a minor, even if what he was going to say was in another language. "Dirt bags." He finished. Robyn let out a feigned gasp.

"I am offended, never speak to me again." She turned away dramatically, a hand up to block her sight from the clone. Rex honestly thought she was being serious for a moment, before she turned back around and threw her head back in uncontrollable laughter. Rex joined in after he recovered from her tricks. "I couldn't have said it better." She wheezed.