𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢. so i just wanted to hug you

╭ ⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸ ╮

𝑹 𝑬 𝑴
❝ 𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚊 𝚍𝚛𝚒𝚕𝚕? ❞

╰ ⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸ ╯

ㅤ𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐀 𝐃𝐈𝐃𝐍'𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐊 𝐈𝐓 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐆𝐄𝐓 𝐀𝐍𝐘 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐒𝐄; it started with her avoiding Aaron while still trying to be as close to Jack as she could, with the former ignoring her too. Then, the little boy somehow picked up on the animosity, and was just as silent as the two, unable to choose a side. So, he ended up just watching TV before his bedtime.

He ended up sleeping beside Alina, because he couldn't fit in the couch with his dad.

The biophysicist felt guilty. Her commitment issues, her problems with relationships, it had always been a little irrational, but she knew she couldn't blame herself—according to Vince, of course, who was pretty much her therapist at this point. She couldn't and shouldn't blame herself because she grew up with an absent mother and a father who was barely there. Her dad also remarried twice, and though both women were incredible to her and all her siblings, her dad just somehow drove them away.

Then, growing up, none of the kids ever liked her. Most of them found her too stoic, too much of a killjoy to hang out with. If they didn't think she was either, they saw her as a know-it-all, a teacher's pet, a goody-two-shoes. Even so, none of the teachers liked her either, considering they knew that Alina knew more than they did. That's when she decided to skip as many grades as possible, and once she got into grad school, it was more or less the same situation.