𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢. is this real, baby?

╭ ⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸ ╮

𝑹 𝑬 𝑴
❝ 𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚞𝚊𝚐𝚎! ❞

╰ ⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸ ╯

ㅤ𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐀'𝐒 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐅𝐄𝐋𝐓 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐕𝐘 as she stared at herself in the mirror. She looked the same; every movement she made, every little change in expression, it was her. Yet somehow, she still felt different.

Ever since Aaron's admittance to his feelings for her, she felt as though she was living someone else's life, as if someone else deserved his affections, not her. She could maybe chalk it up to her lack of experience with real emotions, or maybe even denial, but as much as she tried to push it all away, it was there. It was real.

She would've been fine with postponing her final decision, give herself more time to think just like Aaron told her to do, but with Jack suddenly calling her his 'momma,' it feels like everything's crashing down on her. She feels suffocated and stuck, and her fight-or-flight response is becoming harder to ignore. And the fact that she wants flight instead of fight just makes her feel even worse than she already does.

If she could, she'd rather she stop time for a second just so she could think.

She's always prided herself in her ability to process her personal thoughts simultaneously with the complex equations she has to work on. Yet, somehow, instead of just invading her personal thoughts, Aaron Hotchner has overtaken every nook and cranny her mind can offer, and it's throwing her off her game. She feels as though he was becoming a distraction.