𝐱𝐱𝐯. all your worries, lay 'em down

╭ ⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸ ╮

𝑹 𝑬 𝑴
❝ 𝚢𝚘𝚞...𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝...𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎...𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚊𝚊𝚛𝚘𝚗? ❞

╰ ⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸ ╯

ㅤ"𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐑𝐄...𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐑𝐄 𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆?" Alina looked up at Aaron as she asked, her voice slightly breathless in disbelief. "What..."

"I'm leaving tomorrow," Aaron explained, sighing a little while looking at her expression, studying her face as if he was trying to imprint it into his memory. "I'm not sure when I'll be back."

"I..." She trailed off, wrapping her arms around herself protectively as she leaned back against her chair. She and Aaron were back at the restaurant they had eaten at a few months ago, back when things were better. The night before, the man had rudely ended their call, but then when the morning came, he asked if she was free. Now, they were eating lunch together. She didn't expect him to abruptly say goodbye.

Aaron clasped his hands and placed them on the table in between him and Alina, leaning forward, subconsciously wanting to get closer to her. "I'm being reassigned to lead to an investigative task force in Pakistan. Now that the team's..." He pressed his lips into a thin line. "After all that's happened...to be honest, I don't know why it had to be me. Why it had to be now. But I have no choice," he watched as her lips pursed in annoyance. "Alina...please do me a favor? Well, two favors."