𝐱𝐱𝐱. nobody but i do

╭ ⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸ ╮

𝑹 𝑬 𝑴
❝ 𝚍𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔 𝚜𝚑𝚎'𝚕𝚕 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚖𝚎? ❞

╰ ⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸ ╯

ㅤ"𝐇𝐄𝐘 𝐔𝐍𝐂𝐋𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐄," Alina greeted as she walked into Steve's apartment inside the compound. Said man looked up at her in confusion; it was barely six in the morning, yet here she was, standing in his kitchen wearing her pajamas, just as he was about to brew some coffee.

He blinked. "You haven't called me that in a while." He looked down at his coffee maker and offered, "Coffee?"

"Yes please."

Steve smiled at her softly as he began to set up his brewer, and as soon as he's done, he looked back at her and leaned back against his kitchen counter. He gestured for her to sit on one of his barstools, and once she's comfortable, he began, "What's wrong, Lina? You only call me 'uncle' if you need me to do something for you, you only call me 'Stevie' if you need help. And, well, you only call me 'Uncle Stevie' when you're trying to butter me up."

She let out a breath before nodding, his attempt of lighting up the mood going over her head. "I do need something. And it's...simple, really?"

"Hm?"

"I need advice." She pursed her lips and crossed her arms, sitting cross legged on the barstool—her small stature allowed for it to be possible—as she stared down at the wood of his kitchen island. There was a splinter, and she made to grab it before tossing it away. She sighed before continuing, "I, uh, I know you're not really a guy who's had a lot of...relationships," Steve chuckled, nodding in agreement, "but you're...the one man I know who's a genuinely good person. Chaotically good. So...I just wanted to know, hypothetically of course, what you would do if a woman you liked wasn't ready for a relationship."