Surprise

".... hold on honey, I'll do it."

I say as, I walk over to Mariah and help her, with the pancakes.

It's been over a week now, that I've came here and everything just, feels right. The peace and love I've been lacking, is all that I got here.

Spending time with my parents, playing with Mariah, living in this house... All of this just feels home. And I don't wanna let go off this feeling. And So long, Mariah has been enjoying as well.

She's never talked about going back home or anything of that sort. She's loving it here, with her grandparents.

And by the look of it, dad's definitely her favorite!

Through out the day, both of them just play around, go out for snow fights and even share their, peppermint hot chocolates. And for the matter of fact, he even took her to ice fishing, the way he used to take me. It's his way to spoil her but, I can definitely tell he loves her as well.

She's easy to love.

Once she starts to open up, she's constantly like a ball of sunshine. And I love that about her.

I just get a little depressed by the thought that she only had Chris and Isabelle, all this time. I mean, they're definitely good with her, more than good but, i never knew that, Emily never had parents.

And now that I think of her, I cannot try and think about him.

He called dad, a few days ago and talked to everyone but, the most surprisingly, he wanted to talk to me. But, now it's too late to talk.

It's too late for everything.

I go around the table again, back in the kitchen as I help mom with cooking breakfast for all of us. Honestly, I missed cooking with her. It's been one of my favourite things to do.

Also, I've been receiving a tons of calls from my secretary and different other employees over the fact that, we were already slacking off the schedule, due to the mental breakdowns, I faced and this whole 'going-away-so-suddenly' thing just, caused us to go down completely and now....

We won't be able to complete the final looks, till the qualifying round.

Even though it hurts, angers and depresses me to no extent. I still don't regret coming here. I definitely blame myself, for all the slacking off and downfalls we're facing. And that's a problem in itself.

I go around the table again, to serve dad his morning coffee when the outside door, knocked softly.

"I'll see." I said and started walking towards the door.

I casually opened the door and look outside to find the sight, I've been craving yet, completely avoiding.

Mr. Wilson!

For a second, I was confused if this was real or I was in some, wiredly vivid dream.

How is this possible?
Why is he here?
How is he here?

After several minutes of staring at each other, blankly...

He finally he spoke.

"Can I...come in?" He asked so softly, that I couldn't believe my ears. The tone of his voice reminded me, of the one and only time, he cared for me.

That.... night.

"Anne? Who's it?" Mom asked, as she soon came from my behind and gasped audibly at the sight of the man, standing at our door.

"Jake?!"

And he smiled at her. A smile that I was supposed to hate but I couldn't. Soon, she ushers him in and dad, comes into the room as well.