series on netflix i would HIGHLY recommend!!

So we all survived 2020 and almost 2021 quarantines but now.. we probably in quarantine if necessary or kinda bored. So make use of your Netflix subscription if you have one or just be a parasite on someone elsss account and WATCH THESE SERIES:

No particular order!! But trust me, watch them all they're great.
Also, I mostly don't watch series in English .. well except on Disney + bc love, Victor and the fosters is on there. So this list next to English contains korean, Japanese and Chinese/mandarin. I watch french and Thai series mainly on YouTube.

1. Stranger things
Synopsis: when wil disappears he seems to have disappeared into thin air. At the same time, a girl with powers shows up and seems to know where will is.
Themes: aliens, experiments, other worlds
If I haven't see it hello?! Under what rock u been living. I've seen season 3 a million times bc that S where my girl robin shows up. Anyways this isn't really a series you can explain well so I'd just watch it. Also don't get thrown off by the alien thing bc I hate every movie and every series that have anything to do with aliens but I absolutely love stranger things so thst says something. Beside it is not reallyyy an alien thing but lemme not spoil.

2. The umbrella academy
Synopsis: in the 80(?) 7 women who weren't pregnant before suddenly give birth to 7 children that all possess a superpower. Mr Hargreevs adopts these children and takes them to the umbrella academy where they learn to become someone who saves the world. But they get estranged from each other when they grow up, and lost 2 of their siblings, number 5 and Ben. They finally see each other again For their "dads" funeral. There Five shows up, claiming he's from the future and that he's been stuck in the future for 60 years. He got news: the world is ending in a few days and they're the only one who can stop it.
Themes: timetravelling, assassins, conspiracy

This show is insanely good like oh my god. I didn't expect to love it as much. It has amazing characters, it's action packed, it has a great plot, it's also very funny. This show literally has it all.

3. Word of honor
Synopsis: zhou zishu is the leader of a secret sect (more like assassin type of sect) but he wants out. He leaves his life behind and spends his days as a beggar. Then he meets Wen ke xing, who - according to him- (OBV TO US TOO) is his soulmate. The material art world is almost at a war, and zishu and ke xing get - kind of accidentally- entangled in it. And in each other like u get it right.
Themes: wuxia, material arts, fantasy, BL / mxm

Greatest series every made. Yes I'm extremely biased. But it is GREAT. it's based on a bl (gay) story of two soulmates meeting each other yes I cried a lot. It's about sticking with them through everything even when the whole world is against you two. AHHH THEYRE PERFECT. It's also on youku youtube channel that's where I watched it before it got on Netflix. What's cruel!! Is that Netflix!! Doesn't have special episode 37. Without that ep... you're gonna breakdown just as me and need that ep to recover so watch that ep after you finish.

4. The untamed
(See the chapter dedicated to this series in this book!! I described the synopsis and reasons why you should watch)
Other greatest series every made. Again yes I'm biased. I watched it for Yibo bc Yibo. I might be gay but that man is fiiiiine. Anyways read the chapter or imma just repeat myself lol.

4. Hollywood
Synopsis: this is set in the 1940s just after the war. It's about different characters trying to make it in Hollywood. It's about the dark side of early (and now let's be fair) Hollywood and the sacrifices people had to take to get a career. It's about the first Oscar nominees of poc , the racism and prejudices against poc in the industry and in 1940s US, the treatment of lgbt in the 40s, etc. It touches a lot of social issues and historical issues.
LEGIT ONE OF MY FAVES EVER.
This series. Phenomenal. Spectacular. Inspiring.
It really isn't how you expect it to be. When I watched the first ep I was like "oh I already know how this is gonna go". Got proven wrong so quick. I've never seen a series like this before. Cinematically, It's incredibly well made. The story is just one of the best and most inspiring out there. And the acting and everything is just perfect.