13. Dreams

You stand behind a wide tree as the ground beneath shakes tremendously, the waves of the sea crashing the sand as eight horrendous beings fought on the coast bearing the huge waves.

'How did I even come here?'

Torment would be an understatement. Your heart felt like it would leap out of your chest any moment and it took every ounce of you to not shout in agony.

The blood pooling down their feet as a single person, if you can call that, fought with four other beings.

Everything around you started to become hazy as mist covered your eyes. The growling of the beings not few feet away shook you to the bone as an acute migraine took its turn on you. Were you cursed to get a migraine during such times?

'Why am I the only one suffering?' was the only question occupying your mind as you clutched your chest breathing heavily, sheen of sweat rolling down your back as if you just took a bath. Your heart seemed to break your ribs down to see the world.

The thunder made its appearance before the rain started pouring heavily from the dark grey clouds like it was tired of weighing the weight of the world tonight. Wind waved through the atmosphere, speeding its way to meet the vast blue-grey ocean.

Soaked in the rain and kneeling on the ground, you peer up to look at the beings charging over one another with what seems to be a... Wooden Stick?

Colourful glow appeared from the tip of the sticks as fireworks blew up in the sky amidst the slowing-down-rain. For anyone who was walking on the other end of the muddy road, the fireworks might have looked normal but you knew better.

You were sure they weren't humans with the way they dressed, their height, their long nose, those sharp canines pointing the earth, body built like a beast, heads covered with cloth that seemed to be hiding something and speaking in an unknown language that made you sick. You never saw them in the town; unless you travelled back in time or you were in the opposite part of the world which was deadly impossible.

Who were you even kidding?

There were no wizards or witches in the world where you live, or at least you haven't seen or heard any rumours.

You were standing on the coast of the beach you had seen nearly a hundred times. You knew each of your favourite places of by heart.

With the way they looked, were they monsters or animals? You weren't sure. In the world where you lived, anything could be possible.

Instead of your body reacting like a scared being, like always, you were adamant on staying there and find out who they were and why they were fighting here.

As the rain slowed down with a little pouring, you could clearly hear the strained growling made by one of the being. It was tired of the fighting. The rain washing the blood from its body made the wound clear to your hawk-like eyes.

Your heart clenched at the scene with a weird feeling creeping in the pit of your stomach and you fought against your emotions to not listen to your heart and move your limbs to rescue it even though you had no idea what possessed you so suddenly to treat an unknowing being. More like a monster.

You were ready to put your life at stake at this point.

The ground seemed to trap your legs with the vines that tied your ankles tightly to the tree. The tiny spiders and red ants started crawling it's way up your legs and you whimpered in fear and exhaustion. You couldn't move. Not even to rescue yourself.